Monday, September 27, 2021

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Recovery Day #91!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up four times to go to the toilet, woke up at 6:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 7am.

As I was leaving the apt, somehow I caught the tip of my index finger between the door and the jamb giving myself a blood blister.

I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station by 8:15. After a 5-minute wait we caught a taxi to Parque Poblado. We got out at Calle 9 and walked 2-3 blocks west to Sweet Georgia Café. This time they had the patio set up with one table large enough for six and surrounding counters with stools. We were the first customers, so we took the outside table. I had the waffle with crispy bacon and a café con leche. The waffle was good, the bacon almost crispy enough but the coffee left a lot to be desired. Glenn’s ordered fried eggs with home fries but the eggs came scrambled. The menu also said each order included fruit and fruit juice so he questioned the waitress and she brought out a small plate with apple and orange slices. I didn’t bother to ask for myself.

We left about 10:15, walked a couple blocks north to Calle 10A where we soon caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I bought a 6-pack of small bottles of Coke and half a dozen red delicious apples and returned to the apt by 11:15.

Teresa had left for the day for the finca.

Laura texted me that the trip amount needs to be deposited into a Bancolombia account. Since Laura isn’t here that means me.

I watched the Bears get manhandled by the Cleveland Browns 26-6.

I finished the first episode of Yellowstone on Netflix.

I lost a game to Troyclough, and my rating is back down to 1594.

Teresa returned at 5:30, she said she took a taxi to the finca but returning by bus took 2 hours.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 123,074 ð 120,704 ð 119,883 new cases and 2,062 ð 2,034 ð 2,031 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,702 ð 1,740 ð1,422 new cases with 36 ð 34 ð 43 new deaths.  Medellin has 264 ð 238 ð 202 new cases from September to 25th to 26th. Envigado has 9  ð 7 ð 6 new cases from September 25th to 26th.

 

T-shirt of the day

All it takes is all you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment