Thursday, September 16, 2021

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Recovery Day #80!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up every 1-2 hours to go to the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7:15am.

I agreed to go with Teresa for her 11am medical massage in El Tesoro then we would go for lunch. I was sitting in my robe at my computer at 9:15 when she announced her appointment is at 10am. She called for a taxi then took a quick shower. Luckily, I had already showered, I just needed to shave and dress and I was ready to go.

We left the apt at 9:30 and still arrived at the doctor’s office 5 minutes early. She went in and I went to the restroom, printed some chess notes and returned to the general waiting room.

Teresa soon came out and reported she was feeling much better. We had coffee and a pastry at O’Cake then she went shopping for “something”. She reported she would have to look for it later. We had lunch in J&C Delicias, she bought some salmon in Carulla and we returned to the apt by taxi. Luckily, the driver knew to go south before hitting Avenida Poblado at Calle 20 Sur and we only had to endure the last 2 blocks through the construction area before returning to the apt.

I had a 30-minute nap and hers lasted over an hour.

About 6pm Teresa told me she wanted a chicken sandwich. I ordered it from McDonald’s and once again it wouldn’t accept my debit card. I ordered a simple burger for me with an additional slice of tomato. It arrived by bicycle 20 minutes later and I paid in cash with the last of my small bills – 4 20s. My burger had only 1 tomato slice instead of one additional. Still, we both enjoyed our sandwiches.

Again, we forgot to buy milk so I’m planning on having breakfast in Parque Envigado tomorrow then I’ll return with milk.

I got about halfway through season 6 of Game of Thrones and gave up.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 145,724 ð 172,404  ð 152,177 new cases and 1,647 ð 1,826 ð 1,888 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,671 ð 1,314 ð 1,435 new cases with 55 ð 40 ð 26 new deaths.  Medellin has 213 ð 213 ð 225 new cases from September 13th to 14th. Envigado has 14 ð 13 ð 13 new cases from September 13th to 14th.

 

Entertaining signs

Alcohol. Because no great story every started with someone eating a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment