Thursday, September 2, 2021

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Recovery Day #64!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm (still raining), fell asleep quickly, got up at 2am (still drizzling) and made a trip to the bathroom, returned to bed, had some penile irritation but don’t know why, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally gave up and got up at 5am, returned to bed at 5:30, quickly fell asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Well, Teresa at least isn’t any worse today.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. For an ATM test I’m doing I first made a small withdrawal of 220mil from a Davavienda ATM that gave me a Currency Exchange Rate (CER) of 3834.179. I printed some chess notes, recycled a couple plastic bottles then went to Bancolombia. There was no wait to enter and a short wait inside. I retrieved some cash for my brother’s trip then my own (CER 3814.981) and paid for 1st of the month payments. I walked down to AV Villas where I paid the rent for the apt. I stopped in Santa Leña for coffee and a pastel de queso. In Exito I withdrew another 220mil from a Banco Caja Social ATM for a CER of 3834.179. I bought a package of pañeles and a 6-back of Coke and returned to the apt by taxi. (Because of my progress with incontinence I think I will be able to soon buy the less expensive Classic instead of the Ultra.)

As usual I took a photo of my apt receipt and Whatsapp’d it to the real estate agency. They wrote back that I owe 3-months extra of 205,857.

I had made a note that the rent was to increase 30mil starting the end of October but this was unexpected. I explained it to Teresa and she called them once but got voice mail and she didn’t feel like trying again.

Teresa left with Esmeralda about 1:15 for a 2:20 appointment with Dr. Sierra.

I left the apt at 3pm and had coffee in Parva returning just before 5pm. Teresa had already returned and reported that the doctor said to have patience. She had a little soup for supper before retiring to her bedroom to sleep.

I ordered burgers from McDonald’s for Esmeralda and myself. Again, iFood wouldn’t accept my debit card and I had to pay in cash.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 156,885 ð 158,946 ð 160,041 new cases and 1,295 ð 1,348 ð 1,345 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,954 ð 2,006 ð 1,822 new cases with 68 ð 72 ð 62 new deaths.  Medellin has 302 ð 121 ð 267 new cases from August 30th to 31st. Envigado has 5 ð 10 ð 14 new cases from August 30th to 31st.

T-shirt of the day

Only in darkness can you see the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment