Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Monday, September 13, 2021

Recovery Day #78!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up every 2 hours to go to the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7:15am.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I had my usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez, printed some chess notes, recycled a couple plastic bottles, made an ATM withdrawal then paid our cellphone bills in Claro. I had coffee in Santa Leña. I left to pay the remaining bills at Baloto but their system wasn’t working. Sigh! In Exito I bought a package of socks and some things Teresa requested and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa ordered lunch from Asados Rogelio and I went and brought it back to the apt.

We left at 2pm and took a taxi to Torre Medica 2 in El Tesoro. This driver took Avenida Las Vegas before cutting up into the mountains at the Aguacatala traffic circle. We were at Teresa’s doctor’s office by 2:30 for her 3pm appointment. (This is the doctor who performed Teresa’s mastectomy for her breast cancer.) At 3:30 she suggested I go for coffee and she would call me when she’s done. I made a trip to the restroom then went into Santa Leña and ordered a café con leche. Teresa then called and asked me to come get her. I gave her easy and specific directions as to how to find me and she arrived five minutes later. She said the doctor reported everything looks good.

After she had coffee and a pastry I suggested we get going so we don’t get caught in the worst of the traffic. As our driver immediately headed down the mountain I said “uh-oh” because we’re too far north and we’re going to be at the end of the line for the heaviest traffic. As we approached Avenida Poblado Teresa and the driver exchanged words and he did a (legal) U-turn and headed back up the mountain. He took a Transversal that headed south, finally coming down to Avenida Poblado at the best location, Calle 20Sur by La Frontera. We then just had to go through the construction area not the huge backup behind it.

I watched a few more episodes of Game of Thrones.

For supper I had an apple with crunchy peanut butter. I’m almost finished with my Mani Bros PB so I’ll have to pick up another at Mia Hia if I don’t see a jar of Planters first.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 146,790 ð 145,724 ð 172,404 new cases and 1,665 ð 1,647 ð 1,826 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,806 ð 1,671 ð 1,314 new cases (lowest since May 22, 2020) with 63 ð 55 ð 40 new deaths.  Medellin has 238 ð 213 ð 213 new cases from September 12th to 13th. Envigado has 14 ð 14 ð 13 new cases from September 12th to 13th. (Looks like Medellin Guru is back to covering new cases in Medellin and Envigado.)

 

Entertaining signs

If something here offends you, please let us know. We can all use a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment