Thursday, September 16, 2021

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Recovery Day #79!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up every 1-2 hours to go to the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7:45am.

Teresa made me breakfast for the first time in quite a while.

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall. Just outside the main entrance I ran into Glenn; he said he was taking his morning walk – I imagine he had coffee in Juan Valdez.  Baloto’s system was working so I was able to quickly pay the remainder of September’s bills. I had a café con leche in Santa Leña then recycled a plastic bottle. The gate was partway up at the entrance of Cine Colombia so I checked out the showtimes; nothing for me in English.

I printed some chess notes, bought a package of toilet paper and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa informed me that Laura and Lenny will come for a visit on December 1st or 2nd. Lenny will stay a week and Laura a month.

I watched more episodes of Game of Thrones.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 145,724 ð 172,404  ð 152,177 new cases and 1,647 ð 1,826 ð 1,888 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,671 ð 1,314 ð 1,435 new cases with 55 ð 40 ð 26 new deaths.  Medellin has 213 ð 213 ð 225 new cases from September 13th to 14th. Envigado has 14 ð 13 ð 13 new cases from September 13th to 14th.

 

Entertaining signs

It’s all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits…

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear Laura will be visiting for a month during the holiday season. I am sure Teresa is thrilled. I assume that means all went well with US immigration?

    ReplyDelete