Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday, September 3, 2021

Recovery Day #68!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, got up at 2:30 to use the bathroom, did some work on the computer, and returned to bed at 3:30, got up again for the bathroom at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa is much better today, well on the road to recovery. She left just before 9am for a medical massage in El Tesoro.

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall. I had coffee in Santa Leña for about 90 minutes. Luckily, I had just paid the check when Teresa called and asked me to bring the fish she had asked for right away as she was hungry. In Exito I waited for another woman ahead of me to order her fish. I thought she was done when she asked for a couple of whole fish. I then watched the butcher clean and descale them while I was in a hurry to get out of there. I bought a larger portion of bagre (catfish) for Teresa and returned to the apt.

I changed into shorts and a light t-shirt and left the apt at 12:30. It was only a 5-minute wait at Avenida Las Vegas for a bus. I got off at the Museum of Modern Art and Jim arrived 5 minutes later. The museum was interesting, glad I saw it, but I wouldn’t be in a hurry to return. We walked to Industriales Station where we soon were on the metro. My second time in the past 18 months and our car was full, luckily not quite cattle car full. We got off at the Parque Berrio station and walked the last block to Plaza Botero. The restaurant where we were looking forward to having lunch at next to Museo de Antioquia was closed. At the nearby café we sat down to consider our other options. A couple of nearby gringos pitched in with some advice and I polled the members of The Breakfast Club. They all came back with Versailles on Carrera Junin. When we got there it was all (deep) indoor seating which we didn’t care for. Jim noticed a restaurant across the street with a balcony. We went over there and had a nice lunch at Mojitos. Jim had a Colombian casserole and I had chicken shish kebab. About 4:30 I went into their tiny restroom where I changed my AD. I was sure glad I was wearing shorts instead of jeans but it was still a bit of a challenge. We left just before 5pm and walked a block away to check out Parque Bolivar. We found a taxi there and soon were on our way through the congested streets of Medellin. We were on Avenida Oriental when traffic seemed to come to a stop. The driver talked to a youngster in the street who reported police had shot and killed a robber just 5 minutes prior. There was a large crowd surrounding the area as they waited for CSI to arrive. (Just kidding about that last part.) Traffic was detoured a block away and then back to Avenida Oriental. Traffic was slow and Jim arrived at his hotel about an hour after we left the restaurant. It took another hour for me to return to Envigado. Teresa called me asking me to order burgers from Mc’Ds. I got out at the Pasteur pharmacy and bought the last two bottles of vanilla Ensure that she had asked for. I ordered the food using the iFood app and walked back to the apt. I waited and waited and all the app would say is they are preparing the order. It’s usually a 5-10 minute wait since we are so close to the restaurant but today for some reason it took 40 minutes. And it still doesn’t accept my debit card so I had to pay in cash. I knew immediately Teresa was feeling better as she was scrubbing clothes in the utility sink when I entered. She really enjoyed her chicken burger but I thought 2 patties of meat made my burger too dry. For me it’s a work in progress.

Just before Teresa went to bed at 9:45 she predicted we would have rain tonight. Not sure why she thinks that as I can only see fluffy clouds in the sky.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 166,080 ð 164,326 ð 163,667 new cases and 1,418 ð 1,521 ð 1,550 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,996 ð 1,949 ð 1,850 new cases with 71 ð 81 ð 61 new deaths.  Medellin has 318 ð 281 ð 294 new cases from September 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has 8 ð 8 ð 12 new cases from September 2nd to 3rd.

T-shirt of the day

The goonies never say die.

No comments:

Post a Comment