Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Recovery Day #93! (My surgery was exactly 3 months ago.)

Today is my brother’s birthday! Happy Birthday Jim!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2:15, again about 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:45. (Teresa was just leaving for an eps appointment.) I put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, took my morning pills, updated my blog then took my shower.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall. I had breakfast in Habia Una Vez, printed some chess notes, recycled a plastic bottle and went into Bancolombia where I had a 20–25-minute wait to see a cashier. I put cash into the Hotel Mariscal’s account then Whatsapp’d a copy of the receipt to Laura. I withdrew 2 million pesos towards paying Teresa back. I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when she called and asked me to meet her for lunch in La Bahia at 12:30 or 1pm. (It was only 10:30 so I need to wait 2-2 1/2 hours here in order to meet her for lunch across the street?) I reminded her I had a lot of cash so we agreed that I would get a taxi and pick her up outside La Bahia and we would return to the apt.

She immediately headed to the bedroom to rest.

I was just noting how cool it was at 11am when a downpour started that lasted about 15 minutes.

I resigned my latest game against JohnWayneGacy88 dropping my rating to 1586. I have to move slower and be more careful with this guy.

A steady drizzle started and continued in the afternoon.

Teresa wanted to order out for lunch. She called Asados Rogelio but they don’t deliver. I tried to order from McDonald’s but had the same problem getting it to accept my debit card. I struggled with their iFood app for some minutes until it finally told me the restaurant is closed. (Fat chance of that.) I ended up having cereal with a banana and Teresa made something simple for herself.

Glen invited me to breakfast tomorrow but I declined because I have my last physiotherapy session at 11:30 and Teresa has a doctor’s appt at 2:30, both in El Tesoro.

There was a knock on the door, and I saw a man in a mask with a tank and sprayer. I told Teresa the fumigation man was here. I understood she told him she didn’t want it. (I killed a small cockroach yesterday that was probably fleeing someone else’s apt that had been sprayed.)

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 2 games to 1.

I lost another game to JohnWayneGacy88 dropping my rating another 8 points to 1578. Sigh!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 119,883  ð 117,966 ð 114,395 new cases and 2,031 ð 2,052 ð 2,025 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,422 ð 1,015 ð 1,686 new cases with 43 ð 33 ð 41 new deaths.  Medellin has 202 ð 112 ð 269 new cases from September 27th to 28th. Envigado has 6 ð 2 ð 11 new cases from September 27th to 28th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Sassy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment