Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Recovery Day #72!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up every 60-90 minutes to use the bathroom, finally waking at 6am, put in my eye drops, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to Avenida Poblado. I took a bus to Poblado and walked down to Hija Mia. Jim was already waiting for me. Today I had their French toast which was good although, nitpicking here, the raspberries on my plate were still frozen.



We stopped at a nearby laundromat where Jim picked up some laundry he had dropped off. From there we walked past Ganso & Castor and La Fabrykas to a copy center where I printed a few pages. (The cost was exactly twice as much as I would pay at Auros in Viva Envigado.)

We caught a taxi to Jim’s hotel where he dropped off his laundry. We took another taxi to Museo de Castille (the Castle Museum) east of Santafe mall. They charged 14mil for entry. We walked the grounds and the castle itself and had coffee at an onsite café.

He stayed to take some photos and I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt. I called Teresa and offered to pick up lunch from Asados Rogelio which she accepted. The restaurant was very busy and it probably took close to an hour to get our food to go. There were a few sprinkles as I returned to the apt.

I ate all my lunch but Teresa saved hers for later.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to an all-time high of 1592.

I left at 3:15 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche for at least an hour.

The rest of the day I just hung out at the apt.

Esmeralda came by for a short visit to see how the patient is doing.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 161,327 ð 132,135 ð 152,393 new cases and 1,559 ð 1,385 ð 1,499 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,669 ð 1,124 ð 1,637 new cases with 48 ð 53 ð 47 new deaths.  Medellin has 226 ð 87 ð 218 new cases from September 6th to 7th. Envigado has 2 ð 7 ð 3 new cases from September 6th to 7th.

T-shirt of the day

Come as you are.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, congratulations on your chess progress. You have not mentioned chess lessons with the Master lately. Are you going to resume them when your health issues are better?

    Tell Teresa that she has prayers directed her way from one of your readers, as do you.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete