Monday, September 13, 2021

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Recovery Day #77!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 11:45am, went to the bathroom, worked a little on the computer, returned to bed then got up every hour after that before waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:10 on a cool morning and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station. We quickly caught a taxi to Parque Poblado. We walked the 6 blocks down to the new Hija Mia Nomada hotel location where we had no problem finding a table. I wanted to try something different so today I ordered an omelette manchego. 



Glenn showed me how to send my location (or following) to another cellphone. With 2 café con leches my share of the bill with tip came to 36mil.

We quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I printed some chess notes then had coffee at Todo Fresa. Refriamigos finally contacted me and we made arrangements for them to come to the apt to replace the refrigerator filter. The time was a little uncertain so I left right away, bought lettuce, tomatoes and apples in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

Luis, wearing a Samsung t-shirt, arrived at 12:30 and was here for about 20 minutes. I’m pretty sure he’s the same guy who originally hooked up our fridge with the water line. He replaced the water filter, turned the ice maker back on and set the refrigerator from 2 degrees to 5 degrees Celsius. (I had asked him to raise it because I noticed sometimes a glass of water would freeze in the refrigerator.) The charge for replacing the filter was 90mil – everything else was gratis. Of course, after he left Teresa had to make a comment that this refrigerator is too expensive.

I checked Direct TV to see what sports channels I have after moving down from the Platinum package to Basic. I have ESPN, ESPN2HD, ESPN3HD, ad ESPN+L. The 2nd and 4th selections are both showing American football tonight, and the 2nd (channel 1622) is supposedly showing the Chicago Bears game. Yay! Only problem is it will be covered in Spanish.

And, interestingly, my NFL GamePass still works. (But I found out later it didn’t show the Bears game.)

I started watching the game on Medellin TV using a category called Game Pass. When the buffering got too frequent I switched to WMAQ in Chicago. When that got too bad I switched to WAND in Decatur, then WEEK in Peoria, finally finding a good connection with WGEM in Quincy. (Those are all cities and towns in Illinois.)

As I ate my peanuts and drank my root beer, II watched the Bears get shellacked by the L.A. Rams, 34-14.

Now that my son and brother are back in the States it’s back to the old routines. I plan on starting up my chess lessons again on Thursday.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 145,666 ð 146,790 ð 145,724 new cases and 1,642 ð 1,665 ð 1,647 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,772 ð 1,806 ð 1,671 new cases with 49 ð 63 ð 55 new deaths.  Medellin has 238 ð 213 ð new cases from September 10th to 11th. Envigado has 10 ð 14 ð 14 new cases from September 10th to 11th. (Apparently, Medellin Guru is no longer covering new cases in Medellin and Envigado. My guess is this is because they are dropping to new lows.)

T-shirt of the day

Football.

3 comments:

  1. Terry, thanks for sharing the photo from breakfast, also the price. I envy you your life. I am my mom's caregiver. She refuses to move out of country, so I am stuck here until I no longer have that responsibility. Hopefully one day I can meet you and Teresa and take both of you out for dinner. Your blog is one of my connections to the life I hope to lead.
    Thanks, Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see photos in the blog isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Yes, visuals always add to the enjoyment and increase my appreciation for what I am reading about.

      Delete