Saturday, October 30, 2021

Friday, October 29, 2021

Recovery Day #126!

Last night I watched the end of the Packers vs Cardinals game. Incredible, surprise ending! I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 4:15 (it was pouring outside), woke up at 6:30am to our new alarm clock (the guy yelling El Colombiano! in the street), did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7am.

Breaking news: Daniela’s November 20th wedding is off. Well, all I know is her doctor said not yet, maybe March or April.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall in a light drizzle. I scanned a copy of the earring receipt to my USB drive, recycled a few plastic bottles and went down to Todo Fresa for coffee.

I received a text from Nobraskja that they have a package to deliver.

I paid for my coffee, bought a large package of eggs in Exito and returned by taxi to the apt. (While waiting in line at Exito a young lady behind me reeked of marijuana.)

I put 15mil in an envelope for Envios Market and left it with one of the porteros.

It’s 2pm and only 76 degrees.

There was a knock on the door and it was one of the porteros with my “package”, my Citibank debit card. I activated it and destroyed my old ATM card. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

I hoped to finish my book tonight before going to bed but I’m about 15 pages short. I wanted to return it tomorrow after I go to Todo Drogas and the tienda naturista. I’ve decided instead to delay that until next week and tomorrow I’ll just pay the first of the month bills if I can get enough cash from the ATM.

I got tired of the series The Good Doctor after finishing the first season so now I’m searching for something else.

Marcos should have had his surgery sometime today. I asked him to contact me when he feels like having a visitor.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 71,962 ð 72,569 ð 72,766 new cases and 1,395 ð 1,380 ð 1,365 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,680 ð 1,750 ð 1,604 new cases with 26 ð 35 ð 30 new deaths. Medellin has 225 ð 213 ð 171 new cases from October 28th to 29th. Envigado has 5 ð 13 ð 7 new cases from October 28th to 29th.

T-shirt of the day

No what. No one cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment