Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Recovery Day #103!

Today is Teresa’s 63rd birthday. Happy Birthday Teresa!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 2:15 to go to the bathroom, was awakened at 4pm by heavy rain so I made another trip to the bathroom, got up at 6:15 to go to the bathroom, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises while still in bed, finally getting up at 7:15.

I was doing an internet search for something in Viva Envigado and google said I was there last Sunday. Later I was looking at some Chicago Bears article when an ad came up for TENS connectors. (That Internet, he knows where you’ve been.)

Teresa gave me an update on Daniela, I understand she’s in a lot of pain.

Teresa was looking for something and using the internet I found it in two stores in El Tesoro.

We left the apt at 10:30 and she did some shopping in El Tesoro. 

This is a new children's play area in one corner of the mall:


This is an ad for another children's play area that I invited Teresa to partake of:



For a change she wanted to try something new for lunch so we stopped at Natto Bowls



This is the place mat they put down for us:


Not sure what that was about. I don't think this mall even has a bowling alley.

They make “salads” out of a number of ingredients. I found a combination that looked good to me called Hong Kong which was rice, orange chicken and peanuts, broccoli, carrots, coriander, sweet chili peppers and verdeo onion. Teresa ordered some type of chicken soup. I thought my dish was excellent. Teresa thought so too as she then ordered one for herself and forced me to help her finsh it. I learned from the waitress that the Natto Bowls kiosk I used to see in Viva Envigado is no longer there.

Teresa checked out the two stores I found but didn’t find what she was looking for. She did some more shopping and finally chose a jeans jacket from Studio F for 169,900 ($45).

On the way back to the apt I read the instruction manual for my TENS 3000. It looks like I’ll need to call my physiotherapist to see what initial settings she used.

Teresa told me that Esmeralda is coming over and will take her to a special place for morcilla (blood sausage). About an hour later Teresa tells me she wants to go for Peruvian food. (I don’t know what’s going on.)

Esmeralda arrived about 6pm with the morcilla. To me it looks disgusting so I had a bowl of granola.

I’ve now lost 2 games to JohnWayneGacy and Troyclough and my rating has fallen to 1563. Worse of all I’m losing a game to Michael which, if I can’t steal a draw, could cost me a ton of points.

At one point Esmeralda wasn’t feeling well and asked me if I had any “arvy”, at least that’s what it sounded like to me. I brought out Dolex and that wasn’t what she wanted. She finally wrote “Advil”. That’s how she pronounces it? No wonder I have problems understanding them. I had two left and gave her both of them.

Just before we went to bed Teresa wrote “Terry cumpleaños” on a napkin so she wouldn’t forget to wish me a happy birthday tomorrow. 😊

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 108,009 ð 106,941 ð 101,668 new cases and 1,881 ð 1,878 ð 1,807 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,497 ð 1,413 ð 1,211 new cases with 36 ð 29 ð 30 new deaths.  Medellin has 212 ð 229 ð 175 new cases from October 3rd to 4th. Envigado has 9 ð 9 ð 5 new cases from October 3rd to 4th.

T-shirt of the day

Space flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment