Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Monday, October 18, 2021

Recovery Day #116!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, got up at 7am, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, then got up at 7:30.

Today is Dia de la Raza (Columbus Day).

The Iranian player is playing again but now I’m much more confident of victory. Troyclough blundered a piece and resigned increasing my rating to 1555.

Last Saturday the Currency Exchange Rate (CER) via XE.com was 3762. That means you should get 3,762 pesos for each dollar. The cash I picked up for Laura at Bancolombia (she used Remitly) gave 3,694. That same day I made an ATM withdrawal and received 3,755 pesos.

XE.com à 3,762

ATM à 3,755

Bancolombia Xfer à 3,694

Therefore, it would be most economical to use ATMs instead of sending myself cash every month. Only downside I can think of is if the ATM doesn’t have the cash I need when I need it. Of course, on those rare occasions I could always send myself cash using World Remit and pick it up the next day.

Teresa told me she wanted to go to El Tesoro where we would have lunch and spend the afternoon. We each had a plate of fresh fruit to tide us over until we had a late lunch. She was then on the phone for hours and after asked about movies. I found movies in Vizcaya and El Tesoro and we finally settled on the 6pm showing of The Last Duel (7.7) in Vizcaya. (I checked Viva Envigado but the English version there starts at 9:40pm).

It seems like every day we reach a high of 82 degrees. No wonder they call this the City of Eternal Spring.

After lunch Teresa said her back was bothering her so we may not be going out after all.

Teresa asked me to order some face serum and I found L’Oreal Revitalift Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum available at Walgreens. I ordered 2 for her and for me 2 Arm & Hammer Antiperspirant Deodorants and an ear cleaner. The total came to $64.79 and it was nice to be able to order from someone other than Amazon.

Teresa asked if we could order burgers from McDonalds. The iFood app was ridiculously slow but after 10-15 minutes I managed to place the order – the usual chicken sandwich with cheese for her and a McNifica (or whatever its called) Combo for me. It arrived by motorcycle 15 minutes later.

I started a game with a Russian player whose rating is about 100 points less than mine. You got to be careful with those Russians.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 83,703 ð 83,576 ð 83,341 new cases and 1,570 ð 1,527  ð 1,631 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,544 ð 1,299 ð 1,043 new cases with 34  ð 36 ð 21 new deaths. Medellin has 213 ð 213 ð 203 new cases from October 17th to 18th. Envigado has 10 ð 7 ð 10 new cases from October 17th to 18th.

T-shirt of the day

Pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment