Friday, October 29, 2021

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Recovery Day #125!

Last night I took my first 3mg melatonin an hour before I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2am, woke up at 6:30am to El Colombiano!, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6:15.

Today is Dia sin IVA. IVA is like a national sales tax, usually 19%, added to the cost of most products. (At least here the price you see for a product already has the tax added.) Today, that tax is waved for many products so we expect stores will be busier than usual. There will be 2 more Dias sin IVA this year on November 19th and December 3rd.

My prostate surgery was exactly 4 months ago. So where am I today? I guess my insides are still healing as I feel some discomfort when I walk too long or too fast. Everything downstairs looks normal but I’m still dealing with urinary incontinence. I would say I’m in the leaking stage, when I cough, sneeze, or stand up or sometimes just walking. I’m only changing my AD before going to bed and after my morning shower and the old ones don’t appear to be very damp. So why do I change them? You change your underwear everyday (I hope) and they aren’t wet. It’s more of the clean, comfortable feeling I’m after.

I was up 3 pawns to 2 in a rook endgame with Angry_Horse but we agreed to a draw after 49 moves lowering my rating 2 points to 1566.

I usually have 4 games going on Chess.com at the same time but currently one of my opponents, theGreekLad, has been on vacation for weeks (3 weeks remaining), the Iranian guy, rudarwolfs, keeps on playing although I’m up 2 knights and 3 pawns (all about to Queen) and he has 1 pawn. He should have resigned long ago so I’m going to stretch this out and Queen all my pawns before I corral and checkmate him.

We have 2 and 3 o’clock appointments to have our teeth cleaned by Dr. Rendon in El Tesoro. We were getting ready to leave to have lunch there first when his receptionist called. I handed Teresa the phone and she told me he can take us right away. We arrived by 11am by taxi. Teresa went first and I told her I’d be back in an hour.

I went down to the mall area to a store called Trendy where I bought Teresa a beautiful pair of earrings she admired last time we were there.

Back upstairs it was soon my turn for a teeth cleaning. I learned that Dr. Rendon took his family to Chicago last July. After a few days at a hotel downtown he mentioned they stayed a few days with a friend in Glenview. Hey, I lived in Glenview from about 1981 to 1995. I told him some stories about the now closed Glenview Naval Air Station which is now The Glen. I told him next time he plans on visiting Chicago to let me know as I have some out of the way places he could visit. No problem with our teeth after cleaning, I paid 360mil and we left.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias. I had my usual Cesar salad and she had salmon with vegetables. The total came to 73,480 including tip.

Teresa went shopping for a dress for Daniela’s wedding. She tried quite a few stores and came up with nothing she liked that wasn’t outrageously expensive.

On the hunt she stopped at a jewelry store and looked at earrings. Uh-oh. I was thinking, “it’s okay to look but if she finds something I’m going to have to give her the earrings now.” Then I thought she would probably want to wear them to the wedding so maybe I should give them to her today. When she came out of a dress shop I gave them to her. She was surprised but she thought I bought them at the jewelry store she had just come out of. I told her it was from another store. She said there was another pair she liked more. We went to the Trendy store and she looked and talked to a sales associate but either she couldn’t find them or she changed her mind.

We continued her hunt for a dress. At one point she said she wanted to call Vicky for advice. (I was thinking she meant Vicky, Daniela’s mother.) Problem was she forgot her cellphone and I don’t have Vicky’s phone number in mine.

We were looking for another dress shop when she spied Vicky, her friend with the dog, that lives nearby. She took us directly to a dress shop named Manitu. Teresa tried on a few and found a couple that looked beautiful on her. She finally chose one, I paid for it and was surprised how inexpensive it was. Not sure if I only made a deposit, paid half, or it was a rental. No idea. I guess I’ll find out when we pick it up after alterations are made.

We decided to go for coffee but on the way they stopped in an inexpensive jewelry store where Teresa bought hoop style earrings and a purse.

I made a quick trip to Banco Caja Social where I withdrew 300mil because I was soon going to have a cash flow problem.

On our way to Santa Leña Vicky’s dog suddenly stopped and peed on the floor. Vicky waited until he was done then kept on walking with me still standing there. She told me not to worry because the cleaning people will come clean it up. I told her I was concerned about people stepping in it. As we walked away I turned back in time to see a 2-year-old girl stomp in it like it was a puddle. Point made but Vicky claimed it was the fault of the father for not keeping an eye on his daughter.

Outside Santa Leña Teresa saw Chef Burger and said she wanted a chicken burger. I had a hamburger, no cheese, no bacon with a Coke and she had a chicken burger. She said it was much better than McDonald’s so maybe we’ll be switching from iFood (McDonald’s) to Rappi (Chef Burger).

They went to look in a few more stores and I went to Santa Leña where I had a café con leche and waited for them to return.

After at least half an hour I paid and left to use the restroom and I ran into them returning. We said goodbye to Vicky and I asked Teresa if she would rather take a taxi or use Didi. She agreed to Didi and we went down to Torre Medica/Carulla where we would be easier to find. My app said a car would pick us up in 7 minutes. Half an hour later it arrived and I figured out my app was telling me he came from Mayorca mall to pick us up. For some reason he went down Calle 10A to Ave. Poblado before heading south. Maybe he knew something I didn’t because traffic wasn’t too bad.

When I put on the TENS 3000 connector I felt the current until I lift my foot and then it seemed to disappear.

I watched the end of the Packers vs Cardinals game which ended rather surprisingly.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 70,824 ð 71,962 ð 72,569 new cases and 1,400 ð 1,395 ð 1,380 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,428 ð 1,680 ð 1,750 new cases with 34 ð 26 ð 35 new deaths. Medellin has 269 ð 225 ð 213 new cases from October 27th to 28th. Envigado has 11 ð 5 ð 13 new cases from October 27th to 28th.

T-shirt of the day

Dibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment