Thursday, October 14, 2021

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Recovery Day #111!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 1:45 and 5am. I woke up next at 6:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, then catnapped until getting up just after 7am.

I left the apt at 8:15 and I asked the guard about the Une bills but I guess they haven’t been delivered yet. On my way to meet Glenn and Bianca at the gas station, I noticed a rock that might serve my purposes with the running toilet.  We caught a taxi that appeared to be brand new, I asked the driver and he said it was 8 days old. We got off at our usual spot near Parque Poblado and walked to Cambria Café Resto at Carrera 43E #12-16. It’s a block north of Ganso & Castor and 1 ½ blocks north of Hija Mia. I had their Shakshuka eggs and a café con leche.




My dish was a little spicy which is unusual for Colombia. Glenn had their French Toast which he said was a little soggy. That cost us the usual 30mil each. We walked a couple blocks to La Fabrykas where we had another coffee and shared a European cheese bread pastry.

We left just before 11am and returned by taxi to Envigado. In Viva Envigado, I paid the utility, Direct TV, and cellphone bills. I still haven’t received the Une bill – it’s a little late this month. – so I’ll be returning someday soon to pay that. I bought some bags of milk and returned to the apt by taxi.

Just when I think we’re going to hit 85 degrees today it clouds over.

I’ve decided to skip the rock for now and instead wait until I drink a 500ml Coke on Sunday, then I’ll fill it with water and see if that is enough to fix the toilet.

We had a little rain in the afternoon. It came and went so quickly I didn’t even know it rained until I saw the wet street.

I went to continue Teresa’s US visitor’s visa but because it’s been so long, I had to start over.

Well, I got through the day without a midday AD change. So, I wore the same AD from 7:30 in the morning until 10pm at night. That’s progress.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 89,526 ð 91,399 ð 88,612 new cases and 1,852 ð 1,937 ð 1,886 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,089 ð 1,075 ð 1,256 new cases with 32 ð 37 ð 34 new deaths.  Medellin has 119 ð 173 ð 224 new cases from October 12th to 13th. Envigado has 7 ð 7 ð 5 new cases from October 12th to 13th.

T-shirt of the day

No pants club.

No comments:

Post a Comment