Sunday, October 24, 2021

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Recovery Day #121!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once about 2:30am, woke up just after 6am, put in the last of my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, finally fell back asleep and got up at 8am.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1557.

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes, bought another set of index dividers at Dollar City then had coffee in Todo Fresa.

Teresa called me while I was still in Exito and asked me to buy bananas, broccoli, and a papaya. I returned to the apt by taxi.

Just after noon I heard a single loud peal of thunder. I went out on the balcony, and it looks like it’s only dark north toward Medellin. Soon it was rainy, not hard, but steady. Poor Herman, he was looking forward to a long day selling OJ.

I watched the first episode of Seinfeld on Netflix.

Breaking news: Juan’s surgery is today as the inflammation in his arms has come down sufficiently.

The rain didn’t last long but it’s only 71 degrees at 2pm.

I watched The Forgotten Battle (7.2) on Netflix.

Teresa asked me to keep the English toffee box when we are done with it. She wants to show it to Laura and ask her to bring another box when she comes. I tried to explain to her that Cora Lee Candies is only in my hometown of Glenview, Illinois.

We had a little more rain in the afternoon.

Teresa wanted something different for supper tonight. At 5pm we finally agreed to buy the sandwiches called Medialuna Pernil that we had bought previously from Los Portenos. Teresa called and there was no answer. I suspected the number is for Whatsapp orders only so I texted them. It automatically responded asking for my name, address, phone number and our order. Five minutes after I completed all that a human responded that they only take delivery orders between 1 and 5pm. I had a bowl of cereal and a banana for supper.

I was watching season 1, episode 17 of The Good Doctor and with 10 minutes left in the episode the doctor’s hooked up my TENS 3000 machine to a patient.

I’m up a pawn with a good position against Angry_horse but we’ll see if my advantage continues.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 75,498 ð 73,896 ð 73,365 new cases and 1,509 ð 1,504 ð 1,513 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,498 ð 1,772 ð 1,660 new cases with 28 ð 35  ð 38 new deaths. Medellin has 221 ð 262 ð 262 new cases from October 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has 7  ð 16 ð 11 new cases from October 22nd to 23rd.

T-shirt of the day

Never enough glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment