Sunday, October 31, 2021

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Recovery Day #127!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up three times during the night, woke up at 6:30am to the guy yelling El Colombiano! in the street, closed the window so as not to awaken Teresa, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7am.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos from the ATM and used that cash to pay for the apt. I withdrew another 1,020,000 pesos using my new Citibank debit card and after a 15-minute wait for a consignacion machine I paid for my health insurance, Teresa’s monthly gym membership and contributed 300mil to Angeles de Medellin.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa for about an hour. I stopped in Home Center to check out their toilet wax rings but the two I saw didn’t look like the simple things I remember from the States. I bought a 9V Energizer battery using the Citibank debit card. Now I know it works at ATMs and for store purchases. In Exito I picked up a few things, including a bag of mini Snickers, before returning to the apt by taxi. (I saw Heinz’ Sweet Relish on the shelves for the first time in months.)

I’m losing games to Angry_horse and Troyclough using the same defense with Black. I need to explore that further, so I don’t set myself up for failure next time I have the Black pieces.

I lost to Angry_horse dropping my rating 10 points to 1556.

About 3pm it started pouring but the rain stopped about an hour later.

I finally heard from Marcos. His surgery went well although he’s in some pain and he has to have his catheter in for two more weeks.

Finally I was able to enter my Citibank app without any problem and see my current balance.

For supper I ordered ribs and fries from Mu. I’ve figured out they always arrive 35 minutes after I place the order. I’m just slightly embarrassed I’m wearing my pajamas when I go down to the porteria to claim them. (Now, if I could just train the porteros to bring them to me for a 2-5 mil tip.)

I put in the new 9V battery and my TENS 3000 works fine again. (I remember the physiotherapist recommended I remove the battery after each use so it doesn’t run down too fast but it’s too difficult to get out so I’ll just watch it and see how long it lasts.)

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 72,569 ð 72,766 ð 72,707 new cases and 1,380 ð 1,365 ð 1,344 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,750 ð 1,604 ð 1,629 new cases with 35 ð 30 ð 33 new deaths. Medellin has 213 ð 171 ð 197 new cases from October 29th to 30th. Envigado has 13 ð 7 ð 8 new cases from October 29th to 30th.

T-shirt of the day

Enjoy where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment