Sunday, October 3, 2021

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Recovery Day #100!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 2:15 and 4:30am to use the bathroom. I got up again at 6:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises while still in bed, finally getting up at 7:45am.

The plan for today is for Teresa to get her thyroid checked in the InterMedica building and I would buy the TENS3000 in Monterrey. She would call me later (with one hour notice) and we would meet for lunch in SantaFe mall then she would do a little shopping.

We left the apt together just after 9am. While she waited in the porteria for a taxi, I walked down to Ave. Las Vegas where I was soon on a Sabaneta bus to Monterrey. I showed my note to a security guard and asked where I could find their Medical store. While he called someone on his radio a young lady approached and started working on her cellphone. Then the guard told me they don’t have one there. It looked like the girl was doing a search and she showed me locations with a medical store – El Centro (downtown), Rio Negro, Premium Plaza… I stopped here there and asked for the local (store) number and she showed me ‘1359’. I thanked them both, went outside and caught a taxi to PP. Inside I asked a guard and he directed me to a lesser corner of the mall. I had to wait 10 minutes for TecnoMedica’s 10am opening. Inside I showed a young man my note, he looked in a display case, checked the computer then handed me their business card and wrote “Domicilios” (they deliver) and “Ext. 115, Opc. 2”. It appears I can have one delivered. (He also showed me a fancier (probably more expensive) device which I took a photo of just in case.)

Back outside I caught a Sabaneta bus which happened to pass SantaFe mall at 10:30. I noticed one side of the construction zone was repaved and they have now switched traffic to that side.

I got off just past Otra Parte and returned back to the apt. I dropped off my jacket and waited for Teresa’s call. She called at noon and we agreed to meet at 1pm. I soon left and traffic was very slow again getting through the construction area. I arrived at the mall just before 1pm. 

SantaFe's atrium is currently a children's play area:



I called Teresa to ask where she was and was surprised to hear she was in McDonald’s. When I got there she informed me she already had eaten. (She needs to eat something every couple hours to alleviate nausea.) I had a McNifica Combo for 20mil which, although messy, was pretty tasty.

As I was finshing my food I noticed this sign on the table Teresa had chosen:



She did some more shopping as I understand she has gift card credits in a number of stores. In Falabella she ran into a friend named Anna Maria from her gym. They chatted while I made a trip to the restroom.

I was a little surprised to see this section of the store:



And they sell this goofy cleaning machine:

 


When I returned we did some more shopping and I found another pair of light pajamas to wear around the house. Only problem was they only had size medium but we used Teresa’s credit to buy a pair. (Back at the apt I tried them on and they are a little tight.)

Outside the mall we had a 5-minute wait for a taxi. I was surprised to hear Abba playing on the driver’s radio. I asked him if he liked American music. He answered me in English that he lived through music of the 70s. His name is Carlos Betancur (314 830 9494) and he’s retired here as a bilingual chauffer. He worked in Rhode Island for 40 years in construction. Teresa has more details but I understand he can take us to and/or from our hotel in Santafe de Antioquia in December.

We had planned on going to Tagliata for dinner if the weather was good. We left about 6:15 in clear skies. Sadly, 7pm on a Saturday night and there was only one other customer there. Teresa had her usual salmon and I tried the pork teriyaki. The pork was a little tough, I should have gone with my 2nd choice the mustard chicken.

Before you think this was some romantic outing you need to know that Teresa was on the phone with Esmeralda the entire time. She was still talking to her by the time we returned to the apt. (Not that I would be such a great conversationalist.)

I tried telling Teresa via google translate, “I’m tired of pissing on myself” and every time I did it google changed “pissing” to “kissing”. 😊

The total check with tip came to 99,300 pesos.

We were back at the apt by 9pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 111,210 ð109,192 ð 108,009 new cases and 1,927 ð 1,883 ð 1,881 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,429 ð 1,867 ð 1,497 new cases with 38 ð 37 ð 36 new deaths.  Medellin has 267 ð 230 ð 212 new cases from October 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 9 ð 5 ð 9 new cases from October 1st to 2nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Beauty.

1 comment: