Monday, October 25, 2021

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Recovery Day #122!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 12:30am and 3am, woke up just after 6am, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6:15.

I heard the video I posted yesterday worked. It was only 10 seconds, but I’ll see if I can stretch it a little longer.

I left the apt at 8:20 and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station at 8:30. We quickly caught a taxi to Poblado and walked down to Hija Mia. I was going to take a video of the restaurant from outside but there was a huge truck parked in front. I had their French toast and Glenn tried their pancakes.

Glenn found a possible breakfast place on the internet called Botanika Cocina Fresca (Calle 9A #37-03) and I found Desayunadero (Calle 10 #40-44), both in Poblado. We’ll check them out further to see if we should give them a try.

I showed Glenn my problem where I have to confirm my Citibank and Didi apps by them sending me an authorization code. My problem is I never seem to receive these SMS messages on my cellphone.  I got Didi to give me an alternate method by them calling them and I managed to finish confirmation.

We noticed that the strawberry guy didn’t come by today.

Explaining my problem with the SS link I realized that what I copied from the Whatsapp message as

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SlcspViewaction

was really supposed to be

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SlcspView.action

I had missed the period (.) between “View” and “action”. Sigh!

I called for a Didi car to pick us up at the restaurant and he arrived after only a 5-minute wait and it was less than 10mil back to my apt. It’s also nice to travel in a nice clean new(ish) vehicle. Glenn and Bianca got out at Jumbo as usual and I continued on to my apt. I was surprised Ave Las Vegas wasn’t closed off for ciclovia and we were able to turn left onto Calle 30 Sur. I gave the driver an extra 2mil as he did take extra passengers and made an extra stop. It’s nice to be able to travel in a relatively new car instead of a broken-down taxi. I found out later that I actually tipped the driver 4il instead of 2mil.

 

Using the correct link https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SlcspView.action

Took me to the correct website, giving me the options of

·      Create a new account

·      Sign in to my account

·      Use my activation code

Since I don’t have a My Social Security account, I selected the first option. I then chose “Create your new account using Login.gov”. I entered my Hotmail email account and defaulted the language preference to English. They sent me an email to confirm my email address. I entered my usual password. For a second layer of security I selected “Phone”. Where I would give them my cellphone number it said, “We’re unable to make phone calls to people in Colombia at this time”.  I backed up and continued without the second layer of security option. Shit, it looks like it’s required, not optional.

This time I chose “Authentication application” to see what follows. Well, I don’t have an authentication application, so I guess that won’t work.

Teresa left at 12:30 to go to the finca.

I asked for clarification regarding “authentication applications” and it suggested downloading, for Windows, 1Password or OTP Manager.

I asked for clarification on authentication options, and I can choose a phone call to my landline and We will send a unique security code to that phone number each time you sign in to your Login.gov account. Each security code expires after ten minutes and can only be used once. If you don’t enter the security code within ten minutes, request a new code.”

The question is, is 10 minutes enough time for MagicJack to record their message and email me so I can retrieve the security code?

Well, “Your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.” I guess I’ll pursue this more later.

 

I left the apt just after 1:30 and walked through the sloppy construction area on the west side of Ave. Poblado to Papa John’s pizza. Glenn arrived a few minutes later. They wouldn’t let Bianca inside so we tied her up just outside the door. We each had a personal pizza while discussing my visa/cellphone/authentication issues. I returned to the apt using the clean sidewalk on the east side of Ave. Poblado.

Angry_Horse mistakenly castled queenside and I quickly tore up his protection but then made a series of wrong moves and now I’m losing.

I was eating peanuts while watching the Bears get walloped by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38-3 when Teresa called from MT’s apt suggesting we go for pizza. I told her I’d come over right after the game. I left about 6:30 and walked to her apt. Instead of walking up the stairs as I usually do I took the elevator to the 2nd floor. I knocked on the door and a stranger answered with a party going on behind. I apologized that I had the wrong apt and walked up another flight to MT’s apt. We walked over to Calle 37 where it took about 5 minutes to catch a taxi. (Why didn’t I think about a Didi car?) We each had a slice of pizza and returned to our respective apts.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 73,896 ð 73,365 ð 72,644 new cases and 1,504 ð 1,513 ð 1,508 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,772 ð 1,660 ð 1,369 new cases with 35  ð 38 ð 35 new deaths. Medellin has 262 ð 262 ð 244 new cases from October 23rd to 24th. Envigado has 16 ð 11 ð 12 new cases from October 23rd to 24th.

T-shirt of the day

In love with Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment