Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Recovery Day #110!

Happy Columbus Day! Or should I say indigenous peoples day?

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 3:15 and 5:15. For some reason the toilet didn’t flush but I wasn’t going to mess with it at that hour. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 6:30. I checked the toilet and all the innards looked fine, it was like it wasn’t getting water. I’ll wait until Teresa gets up as she’s fixed it before.

The scab finally came off the blood blister on my index finger and now it’s like new again.

Teresa told me she turned off the water to the toilet last night for some reason that I don’t understand.

I left the apt at 9:30, walked to the mall, printed some chess notes, recycled a few plastic bottles, and arrived at the nail salon just before their 10am opening. There were 3 young girls working there, a receptionist (with her facemask off), a manicurist, and a pedicurist (who pulled her facemask down about halfway through the procedure. I think the receptionist didn’t want me to get both the manicure and pedicure in this appointment, but I showed her my appointment request from yesterday asking for both. No one cut me, thank God, and the entire appointment took about 45 minutes. I paid the 40mil and tipped each of the girls 5mil.

I had coffee in Todo Fresa before returning to the apt just before noon by taxi. (At one point all the lights in the mall went out for about 2-minutes.)

I checked the toilet more carefully and we have a slightly running toilet that probably keeps Teresa up at night but if I lift the ball float a millimeter, the water stops running into the bowl. Therefore, the water level needs to come up a smidge, so I’ll find a small rock to put in there to raise the level.

Breaking news: Sunday, Teresa’s niece Laura’s husband Juan broke both arms falling off a ladder while changing a lightbulb.

The epm bill arrived, 386mil for this month.

I watched the Chicago White Sox lose to the Houston Atros 10-1 on Fox Sports 1.

Just after 4pm it started pouring and I took this screenshot of my Accuweather app.



I found a new (for us) restaurant for Glenn and I to try for breakfast tomorrow, Cambria. It looks fancier than most but we’re only going for breakfast.

Teresa just got off the phone with Don Orlando, not the RE agency guy, but the guy who cuts back the jungle at the finca. He and his mother are sick with Covid, so it’s still around.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 96,549 ð 89,526 ð 91,399 new cases and 1,999 ð 1,852 ð 1,937 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,518 ð 1,089 ð 1,075 new cases with 38 ð 32 ð 37 new deaths.  Medellin has 237 ð 119 ð 173 new cases from October 11th to 12th. Envigado has 10 ð 7 ð 7 new cases from October 11th to 12th.

Interesting signs

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment