Friday, October 15, 2021

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Recovery Day #112!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 2:45 and 5:30. I woke up next at 6:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, then catnapped until getting up just before 7am.

Teresa moved back to our bed for the first time since her surgery. The reason she had chosen the other bed is because it’s higher.

AD Summary: Nights are best in keeping them dry as my body wakes me up and I pee in the toilet instead of the AD. Days are worse as almost any simple exertion, coughing, sneezing, standing up and I feel myself peeing into the AD.

I think next time I’ll buy a package of the cheaper, less absorbent ADs to wear during the night.

At 11:30 we heard loud thunder although the skies were only slightly cloudy.

We left the apt at noon and after Teresa told the taxi driver we wanted to go to Arkadia mall I mentioned it is on Avenida 70 & 80. Teresa commented that he knows where it is. When we pulled up to the entrance Teresa said “this isn’t Arkadia”. We both told her it is. She was expecting to see Pricesmart across the street but that’s on the other side of the mall.

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, Arkadia has the nicest restrooms in Medellin but the worst layout of their escalators.

Children's play area:



Fancy Dyson faucets:



We went right into Falabella to exchange my pajamas for a size L. Not only did they have them in a large, but the price was 30mil less expensive. Teresa found a couple pairs of jeans that she was surprised were less expensive than she thought. When we checked out Teresa received a 30mil gift card for the price difference on my pajamas.

We had lunch in their Wajaca Mexican restaurant. We each had the arroz con pollo and were surprised how dry it was. We each took half home and later for supper Teresa added some chorizo.

We checked out the Cinemark movie theater, but all movies were dubbed in Spanish. Teresa did some more window shopping and we finally left about 3:30 in a light rain.

I made the mistake of telling Teresa I had a fix for the toilet. I wanted to wait until Sunday to drink a 500ml bottle of Coke then fill it with water and put it in the toilet. She insisted if I know how to fix it that I do it now. I put 2 full bottles of Coke inside and it still bled a little. (With the air at the top of the bottle they tend to float.) The next time I flushed, it ran continuously because one of the bottles got underneath the flapper. I removed them and tomorrow I’ll try the rock approach.

Teresa tried on the jeans and I guess they don’t fit her perfectly so she will be taking them back. (The clothes try on rooms (I forget what they are called in English) are still closed in dept stores so you have to take things home to try them on.)

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 91,399 ð 88,612 ð 86,287 new cases and 1,937 ð 1,886 ð 1,817 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,075 ð 1,256 ð 1,387 new cases with 37 ð 34 ð 33 new deaths. Medellin has 173 ð 224 ð 98 new cases from October 13th to 14th. Envigado has 7 ð 5 ð 3 new cases from October 13th to 14th.

T-shirt of the day

I don’t need fashion. Fashion needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment