Sunday, October 17, 2021

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Recovery Day #114!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 2:30 but it took over an hour to fall back asleep. I woke up at 6:30, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, then got up at 7:30 and took my shower.

The Iranian player offered me a draw which I declined. I’m now up a piece to a pawn and I think my position is superior.

At 8:45 I was just ready to leave the apt when it started raining. Sigh! It soon lessened and I walked to the mall in a slight drizzle.  I glanced in Juan Valdez and saw Glenn in a back booth. I joined him and we chatted for a few minutes.

Upstairs at Bancolombia I was surprised there was no line to enter. Because it’s Saturday? Because next Monday is a holiday? I took my number and just as I was about to sit down I saw my number had been called. I went to the cashier window and it took about 20 minutes to pick up the pesos that Laura had sent on ahead for their trip.

I printed some past checking account statements for renewing my visa next week. Walking past a sasteria I had an epiphany. I had been using a large paper clip as a zipper pull on my jacket. I asked if they could fix it and 7mil (and 30 minutes) later I had a new zipper pull.

I stopped in Home Center where I bought a replacement flapper for the toilet for 6,900 pesos.

I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when Teresa called me and suggested I pick up chicken from Frisby for our lunch. I left about noon and there was quite a long line to place an order and pick up our food. I returned to the apt by taxi.

For lunch I had 3 small pieces of chicken with a 500ml bottle of Coke.

Teresa left to have her hair and nails done.

With a little difficulty I managed to replace the flapper on the toilet. (I couldn’t see how to attach the “chain” on the new flapper to the toilet handle. I ended up just tying it since it was plastic. That should hold for some time.) With that success now I’m thinking of tackling the leak in the other toilet.

I left about 2:30 and walked to Marcos’ apt 4 blocks away. He has had a catheter in place for the past 2 weeks and it’s driving him crazy. I can relate to that. He is awaiting his final blood test results before his prostatectomy for enlarged prostate. That means at least another week before his surgery and another week after with the catheter. He had consultations with 3 different urologists, and they all agree on the diagnosis and treatment. He is going the insurance route and has been very happy with the care and the low cost. His girlfriend Juliana has been taking good care of him at home.

I returned to the apt by 4pm and Teresa returned from her manicure/pedicure an hour later.

At Marcos recommendation I started watching the series The Good Doctor (8.1).

We had more rain in the evening.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 86,287 ð 84,245 ð 83,703 new cases and 1,817 ð 1,587 ð 1,570 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,387 ð 1,646 ð 1,544 new cases with 33 ð 37 ð 34 new deaths. Medellin has 98 ð 172 ð 203 new cases from October 15th to 16th. Envigado has 3 ð 12 ð 10 new cases from October 15th to 16th.

T-shirt of the day

One for the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment