Monday, October 4, 2021

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Recovery Day #101!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 2:15, 3:45am and 5am to use the bathroom. I got up again at 6:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises while still in bed, finally getting up at 7:15am.

I left the apt at 8:15 and found Glenn and Bianca waiting for me at the gas station. We quickly caught a taxi to Parque Poblado and walked the 6 blocks to Hija Mia. Today we both tried something different. I had the Acai bowl (which was very good). And again the presentation is amazing.



And Glenn tried the banana waffle which he said was very good. He made the mistake of eating one of the moras (blackberries) which surprised him because it was so bitter.

He seems to think that Remitly is less expensive than World Remit so I might give that a try next month – along with an ATM withdrawal and I’ll try to remember to check the xe.com exchange rate that day and the day before. He informed me that those over 70 years old can now get a booster shot.

We each bought a bag of strawberries from the street vendor for 20mil.

We’re going to try to meet for breakfast on Wednesday mornings also.

We left about 10:45 and returned to Envigado by taxi.

Again, I noticed an ad for Plaza de Mercado on a large billboard between Jumbo and California Buffet. I’m beginning to suspect the California Buffet won’t be the only restaurant in that building.

I stopped at Viva Envigado where I made an ATM withdrawal and bought another 20-pack of ADs. While waiting in line a man ahead of me asked how much the package cost. After I paid 64mil for them I caught him and told him.

I was back at the apt by 11:15.

The Chicago Bears are leading the Detroit Lions 14-0 at halftime. The Bears won 24-14 evening their record at 2-2. Next up is the 3-0 Las Vegas Raiders next Sunday at 3:05pm.

Just before 6pm it started raining pretty heavy – interestingly I had just noticed that my Acuweather app was predicting rain at 6pm.

Tomorrow Daniela has her ovarian cancer surgery. I hope all goes well for her.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 109,192 ð 108,009 ð 106,941 new cases and 1,883 ð 1,881 ð 1,878 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,867 ð 1,497 ð 1,413 new cases with 37 ð 36 ð 29 new deaths.  Medellin has 230 ð 212 ð 229 new cases from October 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has 5 ð 9 ð 9 new cases from October 2nd to 3rd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Beer drinkin’ babe.


1 comment:

  1. Terry, I checked prices of ADs at Walmart. A national brand was 94.6 cents each and Assurance, the Walmart brand was 43.7 cents each. I thought you might find the prices of interest.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete