Thursday, October 7, 2021

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Recovery Day #104!

Today is my 76th birthday. Happy Birthday to me!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 2am to go to the bathroom, didn’t fall back asleep until well after 3am, woke up at 6:30, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises while still in bed, finally getting up at 7:15.

While I was in the shower Teresa must have seen her note from last night as she peeked her head in and wished me a happy birthday. 😊

I left the apt at 8:20 and walked down to Ave. Las Vegas where I quickly caught a bus to Poblado. I got off a block from the Museum of Modern Art and Glenn soon caught up with me. We went in back to Ganso & Castor and were informed they don’t open until 10am. Sigh!

We quickly caught a taxi to Hija Mia where we were warmly greeted and got a nice table on their patio. I ordered their banana waffle again but this time it seemed more like a normal waffle rather than banana. No problem with that! And there weren’t any more (raspberries) so that was also a good thing. Glenn ordered an egg bagel sandwich that I don’t think he’ll order again. The strawberry guy came around, but we still hadn’t eaten what we bought last Sunday. Glenn told me he weighed his last purchase, and it was barely a pound not the kilo (2.2#) that was promised. He said he’ll bring his scale next time. 😊

We returned to Envigado by taxi and they got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I picked up milk, apples and a couple other things Teresa requested and returned to the apt by taxi.

Nobraskja texted me that I have a package. It must be whatever my daughter sent me. I left an envelope with 62mil with the portero. They called a couple hours later and it was a box of Cora Lee Candies’ English toffee, my favorite. Extra special because it came on my birthday. Teresa isn’t crazy about sweets but I’ll enjoy sharing it with others who have never had this before.

While Teresa was watching Colombia’s version of The Voice, I got set up at the kitchen table for my first TENS 3000 session.

My first challenge was what settings to use. I had already texted my physiotherapist to get the initial settings and she answered:

Pulse Rate: 10-20 Hz (I set it to 15)

Pulse Width: 260 US

Timer: 30 minutes

Mode: N

Intensity: as much as the patient will tolerate (I set it to 3 of 8).

My second challenge was which electrode on the 9V was positive and which was negative. The cheap battery that came with it didn’t have it marked. I know I could google it but my cellphone was recharging. I got out an old 9V that I’ve had for years, and it had the smaller electrode marked as positive.

I did my first 30-minute session, as I mentioned, with the intensity set to 3.

We had some rain in the evening and it was still raining when we went to bed.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 106,941 ð 101,668 ð 101,262 new cases and 1,878 ð 1,807 ð 1,810 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,413 ð 1,211 ð 1,293 new cases with 29 ð 30 ð 32 new deaths.  Medellin has 229 ð 175 ð 263 new cases from October 4th to 5th. Envigado has 9 ð 5 ð 2 new cases from October 4th to 5th.

Interesting signs

Chickens: the pet that poops breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Terry. I wish you the best of days and a perfect year while waiting for the next BD.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete