Thursday, October 21, 2021

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Recovery Day #118!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night (it was raining) woke up at 5:30am, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, then got up at 6:30.

I logged into Paypal, saw the invoice for Inter-Col but when I clicked on it I got the same message, “We aren’t able to process your payment using your Paypal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method.” Now I’m definitely going to have to go to plan B – give them cash.

Wow, I was checkmated by the 1449 rated Russian in 25 moves dropping my rating down to 1552. We’ll see how he does with the Black pieces.

After the third time Teresa asked me when I’m leaving to meet Glenn, I wrote 12:15 on a piece of paper and left it on the table for her. Sigh!

I met Glenn with Bianca at 12:30 just past the gas station. Because of the construction backup it took 5-10 minutes for a taxi to get to us. We got out at Parque Poblado and walked the one block to Philly Steaks. We each had their smash burger with cheese and fries. I was surprised to see Glenn remove the dill pickle slices as that’s one of my favorite ingredients.

I told him I found a promising location for breakfast, the Marriott Hotel, BUT it’s inside and they don’t appear to be pet-friendly. I told him about my visa renewal experience and he was surprised it was so expensive. He thinks he might be able to do it himself with Juan’s help.

Breaking News: Marcos’ surgery for an enlarged prostate is scheduled for October 29th. (So he’ll go through hell for about a month with that catheter in before surgery and another week after. Poor guy, it drove me crazy having it in for just a week.)

I left about 2:30 and took a broken-down taxi from Parque Pobaldo to El Tesoro mall. I waited in a long line to have a few chess notes printed then waited another 30 minutes for Teresa to arrive. She did some window shopping in Zara while I sat outside on a comfortable sofa.

Can you see the dog in this picture? Answer, tomorrow.



She was hungry so for a snack we both had waffles with ice cream in Crepes & Waffles.

She checked out quite a few more stores and finally found a top for the gym at Adidas for 169,990. I was a little surprised because she usually only buys things on sale.

She wanted supper but I wasn’t hungry (still full from the waffle) so we stopped at Cuzco, a Peruvian restaurant where she had a deliciously prepared salmon and I ate her delicious mashed potatoes and drank a coconut lemonade.

We finally left about 7:15 and returned in heavy traffic back to the apt in a taxi that needed a brake job.

Breaking News: Daniela, Teresa’s niece, who just had surgery for ovarian cancer is getting married on November 20th and we’re invited.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 83,341 ð 79,348 ð 76,496 new cases and 1,631 ð 1,557 ð 1,532 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,043 ð 952 ð 1,224 new cases with 21 ð 24 ð 21 new deaths. Medellin has 203 ð 205 ð 226 new cases from October 19th to 20th. Envigado has 10 ð 14 ð 14 new cases from October 19th to 20th.

T-shirt of the day

Crème de la crème.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the doggie in the picture. A little light brown fellow. I enjoy each and every picture you blog. thanks. I take care of my 91 year old mother, I am 71 on 10/30. Your blog has been read by me for many years. But with Covid I have really appreciated it more.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete