Sunday, September 4, 2022

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 9:30. I fell asleep quickly, got up once in the middle of the night, again at 6:15, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, and catnapped until waking/getting up at 7:15.

I checked my Didi app and I see there is a Los Molinos near the Premium Plaza mall so I have to be careful to choose the correct location near Carrera 80 and Calle 30. A ride at this time is only 12,500 pesos but I’ll monitor that during the morning to decide whether to take a car there or public transportation.

Teresa is going to her aunt’s house to help her bake a cake.

At 10am I helped Teresa order a Didi to take her to Viva Envigado to pick up her mother then they are going on to Parque Sabaneta.

I moved some items back into the suitcase and put it back in the garage storage area.

I had a café con leche in Parva before returning to the apt by noon.

I started the car ordering process at 1pm and by 1:10 I was in a Didi. Traffic was heavy and we arrived at Los Molinos at 1:45 for 17mil. After a quick trip to the restroom I found Dario upstairs. He grabbed a table while I ordered a large ropa vieja sandwich and small Coke at Q’Bano for 31,200 pesos ($7). I had the black pieces this time and he got a strong attack and I had to sacrifice a rook for a bishop to keep from getting checkmated. He started another attack but didn’t give his queen an escape square and he resigned on his 23rd move.

I had the white pieces then and played my usual opening and he lost a tempo and I got a strong attack and he resigned on the 25th move to avoid being checkmated.

He left and I made another trip to the restroom.

Outside the streets were wet so we must have had some rain while I was inside. I saw a dark cloud but most of it was to the south and we were merely under its edge. I also saw a half moon so that cloud must have been blocking the sun.

I thought I heard there were some chess locations in the area, so I checked my notes and a place called Madolce Gamestaurant at Carrera 80 #30-18. I walked down the hill 2 blocks and saw the restaurant across the street. I went up the stairs and on the 2nd floor I found a large area with a few tables, some video game machines, a few people but no chess players. One problem with the place is they don’t open until 5pm weekdays and 2pm on weekends (closed Tuesdays).



I walked a block away to the metro bus line and took it 4 stops to the Industriales station where I transferred to the regular metro line. When I got off at Ayurá station I felt my right calf tightening so instead of taking a chance standing up on a bus I took a taxi back to the apt for 6mil.

I was so hot I immediately took a cool shower.

Teresa returned at 6:30. Tomorrow she isn’t interested in going out for breakfast, but she wants to go back to Rocoto, the Peruvian restaurant. I texted Glenn and we’re going to meet at Sweet Georgia at 9:30.

I challenged Troyclough to a correspondence game on Chess.com.

Just before I went to bed at 10pm I went out on the balcony and saw the same half moon I saw earlier but it appeared a little fuzzier.

 

Funny pix of the day 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment