Saturday, September 10, 2022

Friday, September 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, again at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up for the day.

I checkmated Troyclough on my 40th move.

Teresa left just after 8am.

I left at 8:15 and…in the porteria I found Gente newspapers. That is the main reason I visit the mall on Friday mornings. I picked one up and walked to the mall.

I sat outside Todo Fresa at one of the coworking counters until I saw the lights come on in the café.

I was having a latte when Teresa called me at 10:15 to ask where I was. I told her and she said to stay there. She arrived a few minutes later. She had a bottle of water while I made a trip to the restroom., We went inside Casa Ideas where she found an ironing board, a cover and something else for cooking I’m not sure of. I bought a warm pair of Pantuflas (slippers) for those cold nights when even my warmest socks don’t help since my moccasin padding is almost nil. A funny thing, while I was checking out the slippers the first pair I picked up were on a hanger sized 39/40 but I could see 46 imprinted on the soul of both of them. And they were both righties. 😊 I pointed that out to a worker before selecting a size 44 (medium) for myself. They fit with and without my thin socks. I also picked up a magazine holder for my chess notebooks so I can keep them handy on my desk. I paid 395,955 pesos ($89) for our new treasures but we left them there to go to lunch.

We went up two levels to Crepes & Waffles where Teresa had the same bread bowl I had last time, beef stroganoff, and I their ground beef bread bowl with a mix of cheeses. I also had a mango juice and Teresa a pineapple juice and the total came to 64,200 pesos ($15).

I’ve started another chess game with Troyclough, but this time I have the black pieces.

Outside we returned to the apt by taxi but had to haul our things up 4 flights of stairs.

I put my magazine holder on my desk and 2-3 notebooks fit inside so I’ll be buying another one so I can keep 4 chess notebooks conveniently on hand.

Dario is busy tomorrow so we won’t be playing chess so I’m planning on going to Badia in Mayorista to buy more tea.

For supper I ordered chicken wings from Rocket Wings. Rappi has a new service (charge), for 2,000 pesos (45 cents) extra the delivery will be direct, meaning they won’t drop off other orders first.

They took the out-of-order sign off the elevator just before our order arrived.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment