Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left for the gym at 9am.

I found a place on my original Orbitz email confirmation where (supposedly) I can change or cancel my booking.

I cancelled my COPA flights and have a $515.50 credit. I cancelled my Avianca flights and have a $467.80 credit. Is the credit with the airlines or just with Orbitz?

I found this number ‘+8096886490’ for the hotel



But couldn’t figure out the ‘+’ meaning. I googled and found the country code for DR is +1, the same as the US.

I tried using my MagicJack but they told me I don’t have any international credits and to go to My MagicJack if I wanted to add some.

I decided to try my Talk360 app. I called and got a recording in Spanish to press ??? for English. I couldn’t hear what key I was supposed to press because of their background music so I just tried ‘1’ but that didn’t work. I had to call back twice to finally figure out they were saying ‘8’. That must have been correct as they suggested ‘9003’ for reservations. I entered it, heard it ringing then…nothing.

I tried again and this time someone answered. I requested to cancel our reservation and she informed me it has to be done through Orbitz. I looked at my email for the booking details and for the hotel, “This reservation is non-refundable and cannot be canceled or changed.” Well, I guess it doesn’t do any good to try to cancel it then.

When Teresa returned, she wasn’t too happy that we lost about $1000 but at least she blames the hurricane and not me.

I left at 2pm and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid bakery returning by 5pm.

I watched another episode of For All Mankind – again slow due to buffering which appears to start in the evening.

 

Funny pix



1 comment:

  1. Buying airline tickets and hotel reservations through a 3rd party vendor is always risky as if there is a problem, customer service is notoriously poor with Orbitz, Expedia etc. Always a better idea to go to Google Flights to find the cheapest flights and then book directly with the airlines. Usually, you can find similar prices. The credits probably will be with Orbitz and have a expiration date. As far as the hotel is concerned, "Prepaid" rooms and nonrefundable rates are not customer-friendly. The discounts are too small and the risks too big. But I would still try to see if you can get a credit or refund because of the weather. Good luck

    ReplyDelete