Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up by my alarm at 7am.

I left at 8:10 and walked to the mall where Jose was waiting for me. We had their complete breakfast. What used to cost me 12mil is now 17mil. We got caught up on news.

The last time we played chess was exactly a year ago.

Upstairs I had the White pieces for the first game and he blundered a rook on his 25th move and resigned. It was only 11:15 and neither of us was hungry so we started a 2nd game. I missed the proper continuation on my 24th move and he had a continuous check that would eat up my 2nd rank so I resigned. It was only 1:30 so he should be able to beat the worst of the traffic. I went to Santa Leña where I had a turkey sandwich on croissant and a latte.



I called Teresa and suggested we see Barbarian (7.6) tonight. She agreed and I bought 2 preferred seating tickets for 31,200 pesos ($7).

I bought a large carton of eggs and Fab laundry detergent in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa made ground beef sandwiches with my hamburger buns, wrapped them in aluminum foil and put them in plastic Ziploc bags.

We left again at 6pm and took a Didi to the mall. We bought small sodas for 12,400 pesos ($2.50) to go with the sandwiches. (I still have a 16,250-peso balance and 2,339 points.) We got to our seats in plenty of time for the trailers. The sandwiches, although a little difficult to eat in the darkness, were delicious. I liked the movie but Teresa not so much.

I took her to Louis Barton where I bought 2 large (size 42) cotton short-sleeved shirts. She says they will shrink some after washing. We stopped in a store named Tania where Teresa picked out some pajamas but I didn’t have any more cash or my debit card with me. The saleslady put them away with Teresa’s name and I’ll return soon to complete the purchase.

We returned to the apt by taxi and as soon as we got inside it started raining.

 

Funny pix



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I thought you might find tis article about Carlsen/Niemann of interest.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/21/1124082877/chess-cheating-scandal-niemann-carlsen?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20220921&utm_term=7276606&utm_campaign=news&utm_id=59243575&orgid=78&utm_att1=

    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete