Saturday, September 3, 2022

Friday, September 2, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 9:30. I fell asleep quickly and got up once in the middle of the night, again at 5am, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, and woke/got up at 6:15.

Teresa’s plan for today is gym, coffee with a girlfriend, visit her mom, and exchange something in Santafe mall. She will then call me and I’ll meet her for lunch there.

Teresa left at 8am and I ordered a Didi and left 10 minutes later. On the elevator it went down one floor then jerked and stopped and the light went out. Never a good sign. (Next week the elevator will be under extended maintenance and unavailable from Monday through Friday. Maybe they should have started earlier.) I took out my cellphone and put it on flashlight mode. I pressed a button and heard a loud alarm. I pressed another button and got the porteria. They seemed to already be aware of my problem. A minute later the lights came back on and a minute later the elevator went down to my stop, the basement garage. Luckily my Didi ride was still waiting for me.

In Viva Envigado I didn’t find any Gente newspapers in their usual location in Exito. Maybe I was too early?

Upstairs I saw that Banco Av Villas doesn’t open until 9am. I used a consignacion machine to pay the gym and my health insurance bills.

I made an ATM withdrawal but darn I forgot my CS card and had to use my USAA card.

I took a seat in a co-working space facing toward the bank. It opened right at 9am and I quickly paid the monthly apt rental. Two people were at the individual counter filling out forms so I just reached in and grabbled on but made sure it was the right one.

Downstairs I had a latte in Todo Fresa, made photos of my payments and sent them via Whatsapp.

Teresa called me at 11:30 and asked me to meet her for lunch soon in Santfe mall.

I picked up a Gente newspaper in Exito, bought 2 bags of milk and a few bananas and returned to the apt by taxi.

I left at 11:45 and took a Didi to Santafe mall. We had a nice lunch in Crepes & Waffles for 81,800 ($19). I had a Panne Cook (bread bowl) Stroganoff but I don’t know what Teresa ordered.





The atrium of the mall is filled with flowers.



Teresa did a little more shopping finally purchasing a dress for 149,900 pesos ($34).

We returned to the apt by taxi. I understood our driver recommended we take Ave Poblado but when traffic got heavy at Sao Paolo he turned down towards Ave Las Vegas. We were 100’ from the intersection when the taxi in front of us died. While the driver pushed his car into the intersection our driver drove onto the sidewalk to pass him. Yikes! And did it really take us an hour to return?

Teresa tried on the new dress but didn’t like it, she thinks it shows too much “side boob”.

I texted Dario and made plans to play chess in Los Molinos tomorrow at 2pm.

I finally looked at the bank form I grabbed and it was already partially filled in. I threw it away, I have a month to get another one if I really want to prefill it.

We were planning on going out for pizza but at 6:30 Teresa noticed it was raining. It only lasted 15 minutes but I guess the mood was lost.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment