Sunday, September 11, 2022

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night at 2:15, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up for the day.

Wow, I lost a 10-move game against Troyclough playing the Scandinavian Defense. I guess I’ve got some learning to do.

At 9:10 I took a Didi to Mayorista. In Badia Basic Kitchen I bought 10 small boxes (they didn’t have the larger boxes) of Badia chamomille tea for 98,100. Since I brought my own Badia bag from last time the cashier gave me a 10% discount. The total was 98,100 pesos ($22). Across the road in Euro I bought a large package of toilet paper, a can of Hunts original pasta sauce and 2 bags of milk. Luckily, I beat all the people with the full shopping carts to the cashier and was quickly out of there. I ordered a Didi and was back at the apt by 10am.

Playing now in Cine Colombia, Viva Envigado are:

Nope (7.0)

Witch Hunt (4.6)

When the Devil Calls aka The Evil Next Door (5.2)

Once Upon a Time a Genius aka Three Thousand Years of Longing (6.9)

Invitation to Hell aka The Invitation (5.4)

The Wild Girl (

Fighting for my Life aka The Survivor (6.8)

The last four I couldn’t find on IMDB so I’m guessing they have a different English title. At google’s suggestion I downloaded the Cine Colombia app and found the English names for most of them. I also noticed CC has half price tickets on Wednesdays.

We left at 11am and had a Didi pick us up, then MT, then took us to Plaza Mayor. Oops. That was the plan but MT wasn’t feeling well so we went without her. We left at 11:30 and took a Didi to Plaza Mayor for an annual Arts & Crafts fair for 15mil. The entry fee was 20mil or less than $5 a person.



Plaza Mayor is like a miniature version of Chicago’s McCormick Place.

We were greeted by this sign that Spanish readers will understand:



We looked at a lot of arts & crafts and Teresa found a white handmade knit dress for 290mil ($66). Teresa keeps buying things for our trip and I keep reminding her she only gets half a suitcase (plus a carryon).

We had lunch from a stand called Los Torres (seen in the background) and got seats at a nearby picnic table.



Later Teresa found an Indigenous style necklace for 150mil.

I found this other poster identifying the departments (states) that make up Colombia:



We left at 4pm and returned to the apt by Didi for 14mil.

With the White pieces I checkmated Troyclough in 26 moves.

 

Funny pix of the day



 

No comments:

Post a Comment