Monday, September 5, 2022

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 10pm. I fell asleep quickly, got up once in the middle of the night, again at 6:30, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, and finally got up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked up to Smartfit where I quickly caught a bus for 2,550 pesos (60 cents). I was sitting in the back noting the lack of springs and struts or something that could have made the ride more comfortable.

I got off at Parque Poblado and walked 2 blocks to Sweet Georgia arriving at 9:15. They were already open with tables and chairs set up. I ordered a coffee with milk and Glenn with Bianca showed up 5 minutes later. Glenn informed me that Ave Poblado is open because there it has no ciclovia today. I ordered French toast with scrambled eggs. My two coffees were included in the price of 25mil ($6) and I tipped the waitress 5mil.

I returned to the apt by Didi but was surprised the driver took the expressway instead of Ave Las Vegas. On the bridge I could see Las Vegas was closed for some reason. On the expressway I saw that the express lanes for closed off for ciclovia and we were on the local lanes.

Teresa wanted to return to the Peruvian restaurant Rocoto for dinner tonight but I couldn’t get their reservation system to work.

 


Teresa called and we can arrive at 7:30 and they will let us in when someone finishes their dinner. I reminded her we went to The Greek Connection 4 ½ years ago and she loved their Lemon Chicken. Teresa said if it’s raining we’ll go to Gloria’s for pizza instead. We’ll see about that.

At 12:40 it started raining but didn’t last long.

I went to COPA Airlines to check-in and found that’s 24-hours before our flight. I assume that’s when we choose our seats. Right?

I went to Avianca Airlines and it seemed to accept my Booking Reference Number but neither my or Teresa’s last name. Sigh! I guess I’ll need to call Orbitz.

At 4:30 it started raining again. The Weather Channel predicts the storms will end by 5:30 so we’ll see. Six pm came and Teresa was too tired to go out. We’ll try again sometime when we can make a reservation first.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment