Friday, September 2, 2022

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 10pm. I fell asleep quickly and got up once around 3am. I woke up again at 6am, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, catnapped a bit, and got up at 7:30.

Teresa informed me that MT is feeling better this morning; the doctor gave her some new medicine.

I didn’t want to be late for my haircut so I skipped shaving. In ordering a Didi it couldn’t seem to find Daniel’s address. I accepted something close by then texted my driver with the exact address. On our way we were stopped in the middle of a bridge over a creek and the driver informed me this is the location of my original request. I arrived at Daniel’s barbershop 5 minutes early. He gave me my usual haircut (trimmers # 3, 4/5, 6) with shave and the cost was 35mil ($8; 5mil more because of my beard).

I ordered another Didi to take me to the used bookstore and I had him let me out across Ave. Poblado. I exchanged my hardback for a paperback for 2mil.

I walked 3 blocks to the copy center where I had a few chess notes printed and bought 5 money envelopes. I use the latter mainly for leaving payments for Envios Market.

I walked 4 blocks to Todo Drogas where I purchased my monthly medications, vitamins and supplements for 304,700 pesos ($69). Across the street outside a grocery store were a line of taxis so I quickly caught one and got out at the Public House. I crossed the street and walking the one block to Parva I ran into Nigel. I think he was shocked when I called him by name. I reminded him of our exchanging music USB drives 4 years ago and asked how he liked Shyam Moses. He didn’t remember anything. I told him his assignment is to listen to his music before we meet again. As I walked away he asked me how to spell his name. 😊

In Parva I had a café con leche while going over some chess notes and playing a few games of speed chess.

I returned to the apt by noon.

Teresa asked where her 500mil is for this month. I reminded her I had to pay 250mil for the coverup she bought at the Flower Faire last month so she asked me where her 250mil is. I told her I would pay her after I pay for the apt.

After lunch I napped for an hour.

About 3pm we had a drizzle but it only lasted for about 10 minutes.

For supper Teresa had a new chicken wings place to take me to in La Buena Mesa. It was called Bruss and was pretty good. We shared 12 wings and fries with a Coke for me for 31mil. We still had 2 wings and a few fries left so we go them to go and gifted them to the porteros.

I was tired so I went to bed at 9:30.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment