Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Monday, September 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Troyclough found the first 2 moves that restricts my pieces but then took a different approach to an attack so I have a chance.

For some reason I can’t get ABC channel 7 Chicago on MTV but I did watch CBS 2 Chicago for the weather.

I checked the weather forecast for Dominican Republic and it doesn’t look good for October 4th thru 11th



At Teresa’s suggestion I also looked at Aruba and it doesn’t look much better for those dates either. I’m going to try to change our reservations to early December.

I called Orbitz at 844-663-2266 and the automated system says it’s going to search for my reservation using my phone number. It then tells me it can’t find my reservation. Maybe that’s because I didn’t book it using a phone number. It then asks for the last 4 digits of the credit card I used but it doesn’t acknowledge that. It then asks for my 14-digit itinerary number followed by the # sign. I enter it and it says it can’t find my booking. It then suggests I speak to a representative but to speed up the process it asks me for the phone number I used to make the booking and the fun starts all over again. Sigh!

It finally occurred to me that since I booked it on their website maybe that’s where I need to go to change it. I logged into Orbitz.com and found “It’s taking longer than usual to reach our phone agents. Try cancelling or changing your flights by connecting with the Virtual agent.” I selected chat and it told me, “You’re signed in Terry. Give me a second to gather your information. Here are your upcoming bookings” and it showed my booking then “typing is disabled”. Sigh!

I tried again on Orbitz.com and I thought I was making progress when I started changing my first flight (for another $263.20) but when I selected continue I got, “We’re having trouble completing your change. 

Please contact us at 1-800-219-9296 and provide your itinerary number 72362102162818” and got the same automated phone system. Sigh!

I mentioned this to Teresa and she asked me if the company is located in Medellin. I googled it and Orbitz works out of the Citigroup Center in Chicago. 😊 I did find their customer service telephone number 1 (312) 279-7740 and I tried that and got the same automated system.

I logged into Orbitz again and under my personal information I found

Country Code: USA +1

Phone Number: 573232099833.

Hmmm. Not exactly right but maybe I can use that to get a match with their automated phone system,

I tried the following phone number combinations:

3232099833

573232099833

1573232099833

15732320998

But none of them matched whatever they are using.

I went to my contact information and changed it to my current landline number:

Country Code: COL +1

Phone Number: 3124507560

And tried again but still no luck.

I’ve spent hours now just trying to speak to someone.

After lunch I googled Orbitz and found their customer service phone number of 1-844-803-5576. I tried it and got the same automated phone system.

I finally emailed them explaining the problem. Even then they had to send me a code to verify my email address. (They have an intermediary named Pissed Consumer).



I texted Jose to cancel our chess match for tomorrow.

I watched more episodes of For All Mankind but it’s slow going due to buffering.

 

Funny pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment