Sunday, September 18, 2022

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Today is Dia de Amor y Amistad (Day of Love and Friendship), Colombia’s version of Valentine’s Day.

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, fell back asleep quickly, got up again about 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally woke/got up at 8am.

Teresa is going to leave soon to get her hair done.

My Avira software expired yesterday and so far this morning my notebook has been a little slow and funky.

Teresa got a 10am appointment in Parque Envigado and she will call me later and we’ll meet for lunch.

It’s 3 minutes to 10 and I reminded Teresa about her appointment and I guess it’s not what I know as an appointment. Right now she’s trying on clothes she bought for the beach.

I ordered a Didi to take Teresa to San Marcos church and she left at 10:20. I don’t know why she needed a car as it’s only a 5-10 minute walk from the apt.

I left at 10:30 and had coffee in Parva and played some speed chess. Online I tried to reserve a table for tonight at Rocoto but it suggested a different day.

My son texted me that he has Covid. He’s fully vaccinated and his only symptoms are nasal congestion and a cough but he can’t return to work until Wednesday.

Teresa called me at 1:30 to inform me she’s still at the beauty parlor and I shouldn’t wait on her for lunch. I walked a block to Barrio Sur where I asked the waitress if they still have fish & chips. She said they changed the menu 2 years ago and haven’t had it since. I only missed by 2 years, imagine that. I had a pulled pork sandwich (which was delicious) with criolla potatoes and a Coke. Next time I’ll try their BLT.




I walked a block to Los Porteños where I had a small latte and played some more speed chess. I left at 4:15, bought a small bag of sugar at the corner grocery store and while crossing Calle 30 Teresa stopped me in a taxi. I got in and we returned to the apt.

I finished another episode of For All Mankind.

Teresa informed me that after breakfast tomorrow we need to go to El Tesoro.

 

Funny pix



No comments:

Post a Comment