Monday, September 26, 2022

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Last night I took 2 allergy pills and went to bed at 9:45 (it was raining), fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (no rain) at 1:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

We left at 8:15 and took a Didi to Hija Mia Nomada. Teresa couldn’t find her phone and was afraid she left it in the car. I found My Trips on the Didi app and was able to call the driver and Teresa talked to him but no luck. Teresa had avocado toast and I tried their churro waffle which came with fresh bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, and Maple syrup. Each of us had 2 lattes bringing the total to 93,500 pesos ($21) including tip.

We took another Didi to Santafe mall. We arrived at 9:55 but I soon realized they don’t open until 11am on Sundays and holidays. Teresa was sitting and talking to another lady sitting near the entrance.

I went down to the 1st level where I had a latte in Todo Fresa until Teresa came down at 11 and we checked out a few stores. We looked for some shorts for me with no luck. She exchanged something in Stradivarius for another 20mil.

This is what Santafe’s atrium looks like now:



Teresa is going to meet up with Vicky and they’re going to an art fair in Plaza Mayor.

Outside I caught a taxi back to the apt arriving by 11:45.

I rang Teresa’s phone and walked from room to room but couldn’t hear it ring so I guess it’s lost forever.

I watched the Bears beat the Texans 23-20. The Bears bearly (pun intended) beat an inferior team so maybe Justin Fields isn’t as good as I hoped.

I watched more episodes of For All Mankind. It now continues 10 years in the future.

I think I have a losing position in my game with the black pieces against Troyclough. He has a checkmate in 8 moves if he sees it.

Teresa called at 7pm and asked me to order fried chicken for her. The food arrived at 7:40 and I was surprised the Rappi driver or the portero called me on my cellphone. (Usually, they call Teresa’s phone but it’s missing.) I didn’t understand what was said but asked them to bring the food directly to my apt. Including their delivery fee, “direct delivery” fee, tip, and my order the total came to 85mil ($19).

Teresa arrived about 30 minutes later. I was sitting at the dining room table when she asked me to dial her phone number. She went from room to room and didn’t hear it but I could hear it’s vibration coming from somewhere near. I called her and she found it in her small purse. She probably changed purses at the last minute. Whew, at least we have her phone back.

 

Funny Pix



No comments:

Post a Comment