Monday, September 12, 2022

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night at 3:45, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7am.

Today is the 21st anniversary of the terrorist attack on NY’s World Trade Center.

The Chicago Bears open their season at home today against the San Francisco 49ers as 7-point underdogs.

Teresa told me she didn’t sleep well because of some noise around 5am so she won’t be joining me for breakfast this morning. I texted Glenn right away and made arrangements to meet him for breakfast.

I arrived at Seré at 8:25 by Didi. Glenn with Bianca arrived 5 minutes later. I had a latte and he had a hot chocolate while we discussed how Expat Exchange has regressed.

For breakfast I ordered their new item, French toast filled with cream cheese and Greek yogurt with red fruits and a little bit of granola.





Pretty tasty. Glenn recommended a couple series on Apple+, For all Mankind and Black Bird. I’ll see if they are available on MTV. (Later I found them both on MTV; we’ll see if they include subtitles.)

I returned to the apt by Didi for 9mil.

Besides my interest in seeing Justin Fields play for the Bears today I’m also interested in seeing how the Steelers do with Mitch Tribusky and the Browns do without Deshaun Watson. It’s going to be an interesting season.

At 11am I turned on MTV to the Chicago Fox Sports broadcast of the Bears game. If I have any issues I can always switch to NFL Game Pass.

I had an issue but switched back and forth between Chicago and St. Louis and was able to continue.

For the first time in 6 months, I tried on an old pair of jeans and could barely button them. I tried on shorts and the only ones that fit are the 3 expandable pairs I bought from H&M. I’m going to see if they have other colors other than the black and flesh-colored ones I have. With a paper measuring tape I measured my waist and it came to exactly 39 inches. Yikes! A week with an all-inclusive buffet should fix that. 😊

I also saw an ad for linen pants. I googled them and there appears to be a store called RIFLE in City Plaza that I will look into.

I’ve started wearing my new sandals around the apt to get my feet used to them so I can wear them without getting blisters.

The Bears were 7-point underdogs, but they beat the 49ers 19-10. I picked them for only 7 wins this year but now they may be capable of beating that.

I contacted Jose and we’re going to try to renew our chess battles on Tuesday, September 20th in Viva Envigado.

I started watching the TV series For All Mankind (8.0) on MTV.

Today I ran out of the more absorbent pads so I put on a less absorbent pad and my urinary incontinence seems to have lessened. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow when I’ll be out and about more tomorrow.

The beat-up cover came off my Nook eReader but I think a little crazy glue will fix it.

It was a good day; the Bears won and the Packers lost.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment