Friday, September 16, 2022

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, fell back asleep quickly and finally woke/got up at 6:30.

Troyclough blundered his queen but instead of taking it I checkmated him two moves later.

Teresa has a 9am gym class.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Parva. On my way I noticed this artist’s rendering of what the new La Buena Mesa side street should look like when it’s finished. I saw curbs and paving bricks stacked up so I think they will be working on the main street soon.




From this drawing I’m not sure there’s going to be enough protection from the elements: sun and rain.

I reviewed some chess notes and played a couple games of speed chess (lost both on time) and returned to the apt by 11am.

My Avira account expires today. With multiple reminders they make it very easy to renew (actually upgrade) but my original $1 1 year subscription was supposed to renew for $49.99 and they’re trying to get me to upgrade for $99. Forget that!

I talked to USAA and got my password fixed but the “account will update after we resolve a connection issue” associated with my Citibank account is because they are having issues updating their system. Computers! I will just ignore it for a few more months.

I talked to a Charles Schwab rep and they only allow travel notices for 14 days. They unlocked my card and set up a new travel notice through September 29th but this is getting too inconvenient so I will be cancelling my CS account.

A message on Direct TV is reminding me it’s time to pay their bill.

I checked my Citibank account and they are still waiving the $12 Monthly Service Fee. 😊

I logged into My Social Security and changed my deposits from CS to Citibank effective November 1st.

Teresa and I had an hour nap after lunch.

I left at 3:15 and had a latte in Maca before buying a medium package of eggs in Mercado Madrid and returning to the apt.

I checked Cine Colombia and Barbaro (Barbarian in English (7.6)) is playing at 6:30. I think we’ll see it tomorrow.

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Innocent Man on my Nook.

 

Funny pix



No comments:

Post a Comment