Thursday, September 8, 2022

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 10pm. I fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:30 with hiccups, again at 5am, again at 6:30 from a car roaring down the road, made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

Teresa left a couple minutes after 7am and I left at 8am. I was in Los Porteños by 8:10 and Teresa arrived five minutes later. She had a ham sandwich and latte and I had a whole wheat croissant, scrambled eggs, and a latte.

We returned to the apt and exchanged some things. On my part I picked up my debit cards and original cedula. We took a Didi to the mall. We were there 30 minutes before the main stores opened so we sat down in Santa Leña where I had another latte and Teresa had a bottle of water. I went to the Davivienda ATMs but got the same “transaccion con problemas intente luego” message on two ATMs. Charles Schwab let me down again.

Teresa did some exchanges while I relaxed in the café. I paid the check and we took a taxi to MT’s complex where Teresa dropped off a bag of “something” then we continued on to Mercado Madrid. We bought 125mil ($28) of groceries and a chica helped us bring them up to the apt.

After lunch we had a nap for at least an hour.

Did I mention my Amazon order of 4 items got split into three packages? One arrived in Florida today.

I called Charles Schwab and they had blocked my withdrawal for security purposes. After confirming my identity hey unblocked it and I should be good to go again.

We left just after 7pm and took a Didi to Antica Pizza where we each had a slice with a glass of water. A short rainstorm came through while we were there. At 8:25 I reminded Teresa we only have an hour. I paid the 30mil bill and outside we quickly caught a taxi.

As I got in the taxi I heard Teresa give the driver our apt location. I said “Viva Envigado” and reminded Teresa about the movie. She forgot. She then told me she forgot to bring a jacket as theaters are often cold. It’s like pulling teeth to get her to go to a movie and then she forgets about it? In the future I should schedule my own movie viewing and if she wants to join me, fine. If not, “adios pues”.

The driver took some back streets and I was convinced he was taking us back to our apt but he turned toward our old apt and then down to the mall.

I “purchased” 2 premium tickets using 400 of my Cine Colombia points and I still have 2,307 left. (I got lucky because I discovered the earlier showtimes were dubbed in Spanish.) I tried using my points for a free small popcorn but I learned you can only use them once each visit. I bought a small popcorn and large soda for 23,300 pesos ($5) and we still had over 30 minutes before showtime.

Fifteen minutes later I made a last trip to the restroom. An usher wouldn’t let us enter the theater and we were told we had to wait until 9:25. I saw a few employees enter with brooms, bags and buckets and I understood they were still cleaning up from the last viewing. About 9:30 I saw 8 employees leave and we were allowed in.

The movie, Fall, IMDB 6.3 (Vertigo in Spanish) was good although it seemed to end rather abruptly.

Outside Home Center we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt and after climbing the stairs we were back by midnight.

I skipped my usual sleeping pills and went to bed right away but it took me a while to fall asleep.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment