Saturday, September 24, 2022

Friday, September 23, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm (it was raining), fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night (first time still raining, 2nd time not) finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Teresa left at 9:15 to spend the day with her mother.  I left at 9:50, met Marcos at Maca and loaned him my pliers.

Nobraskja texted me that a package has arrived for me. I told her that I would probably pick it up on Saturday but she alerted me that they are closed on Saturday so I told her I would try to pick it up this afternoon.

I left just after 10:30 and across the street I caught a bus to the mall. I tried to drop off an empty medicine bottle at the front desk but the lady pointed down the ramp towards the garage. There I found about 8 barrels for all my recyclables. Back inside I picked up a Gente newspaper and printed some chess notes.

Upstairs I made an ATM withdrawal then paid cash for Teresa’s pajamas at Tania.

I was having a latte in Santa Leña when Teresa called at 1pm and informed me she was in Santafe mall with her mother and I should have lunch on my own.

I bought milk, dishwasher detergent and another box of the less absorbable MPs and returned to the apt by taxi. It was just starting to rain on the way.

It was 2pm, I was hungry but there was a downpour with lightning so I just had a bowl of cereal and waited for it to pass.

The rain had lessened to just raindrops when I left at 3:30 and walked to Envios Market. The charge was a 158mil for 4 packages and about a dozen envelopes. Thankfully I had remembered to bring my GFS bag to carry it all.

In Parva I had a café con leche while going through all my envelopes. They were all regarding SS and pension changes I had requested. I threw away all the envelopes and kept only the most important contents.

I talked several times with Teresa and she said there was a long line for a taxi outside Viva Envigado. I returned to the apt and dropped off the mail.

Teresa called at 6:30 and asked me to meet her with a taxi at the porteria. Luckily, I was prepared for a quick exit and I arrived a minute later. We had pizza at Antica Pizza and returned by taxi. Our driver was very strange: OCD? Loud. Nervous.

I opened the boxes and there was a chess book I ordered, a Targus computer cable lock, gel for Teresa’s new machine, and additional bottles of allergy relief medicine for my insomnia.

I checked the weather forecast for Punta Cana and it predicts chance of rain our first few days there. Early next week we’re going to have to make a go/no go decision.

 


How one legal expert frames the case against Trump as a RICO conspiracy | Watch (msn.com)

 

Funny pix



No comments:

Post a Comment