Saturday, December 9, 2023

Friday, December 8, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Today is a holiday, Dia de la Immaculada Concepción aka Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

Teresa informed me that she has to go to El Hueco or Panamericana for more painting supplies so I’ll probably be on my own for lunch.

I completed my workout in Smartfit from 8:20 to 9:20 and was sitting outside Los Porteños having a latte by 10am.

Jose texted me he had a win in our last game. A move before my checkmate he had forced moves that would have won my queen. 😊

Teresa called to inform me she made lentil soup but wants me to pick up a ripe plantain on my way back to the apt.

I left at 11:30 and outside Tienda D1 I saw the young man from yesterday across the street. He started crossing to my side in my direction but went behind me and I heard him say, “remember yesterday”. Not sure if that was a question or a statement but I didn’t turn around.

In Ara I bought the last bag of milk and a ripe plantain before returning to the apt.

I chatted with a rep from PipingRock who helped me get logged into their new website. I asked about they no longer having Calendula Flower available and he apologized they don’t have it in stock. I actually have enough to last through next summer but I hope it’s available again soon.

Teresa informed me she wanted to go to Sabaneta for bunuelos stuffed with Nutella. (?) I asked her if she knew where in Sabaneta? Near the park. I’m thinking probably the place with the huge bunuelo outside. I asked if she wanted to go now? No, later, like maybe 5pm and her mother wants to go to. It was only 2:30 so I told her I’ll go for coffee and come back at 4:30.

When I arrived the Otra Parte patio was closed – I have no idea what hours they keep – so I went to their café. I had a latte while sitting at one of their school desks near the building. At one point a mother with her child came behind me and I told her the door was closed and they had to go around to the bathrooms. I then realized she was a gringa and I was speaking in Spanish.

I completed a couple more tests in my chess book and looked at the time and it was 4:23. I quickly gave a waiter 12mil which I was sure was more then enough for a latte and returned to the apt.

Teresa informed me there will probably be too many people in Sabaneta because it’s a holiday. Now she wants to go to El Correo for supper.

We left at 7pm and took a Didi to El Correo in Provenza for 18,200 pesos ($4.50).

I ordered the half portion of Baby Beef with a baked potato with butter and a fresh strawberry juice made with milk. If this is what a ½ order looks like I wonder what full order looks like:




My meat was delicious and I almost finished it all. I did finish the baked potato.

Teresa had chicken with a side order of vegetables and a “potato” shaped like a square and was listed on the check as a cupcake. She also had a cup of sangria. The total check came to 221,139 pesos ($55.50), including tip.

We were both so stuffed we decided to walk around the area a bit. When we walked past Mu Teresa asked me to order a car but I couldn’t get an internet connection. A few taxis went by but they were all occupied.

An airport taxi arrived and dropped off a couple young Americans with backpacks. Teresa talked to him and he agreed to take us back to out apt. I gave him my business card with our address on it and he took us directly there once he put our address in his gps.

When we drove past Monterrey mall there were dozens of youngsters heading south in inline skates.

The shock came when our driver dropped us off and he charged us 40,000 pesos ($10).

It was after 9pm but the ice maker was acting funky again so I turned it off, removed it and left it in the utility sink for all the ice to melt overnight and immediately went into my pre-sleep routine, getting to bed at 10pm.

 

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment