Saturday, December 2, 2023

Friday, December 1, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I completed my workout from 9am to 10am then killed 2 ½ hours at Los Porteños reading my chess book.

I returned to the apt by noon.

I received an email that my Kindle Paperwhite (16GB) has shipped and is expected to arrive (in FL) today. And the book to my daughter also shipped.

I left again at 2pm and had a latte with a glass of water on Otra Parte’s patio. This is what the café at the entrance looks like:



About 3:30 a truck arrived and unloaded stuff. The next half hour or so workers set up overhead lights and streamers.



Something special is going on here later. I found these signs that give a clue:




I felt I was in the way so I soon returned to the apt.

For supper Teresa wanted something different. She finally settled on going to Mu but 30 minutes later changed her mind and asked me to have the food delivered. Exactly at 6pm I started the ordering process but the food didn’t arrive until 7:30. The ribs were still warm but the fries were cold.

I received an email confirming my Kindle arrived in FL today.

My laptop got a little wonky. When I turned it on or rebooted it, it was trying to load Quick Access, the most recently accessed files that appear on the main screen. If I canceled Quick Access, I couldn’t load Word or Excel. I left it on all night, Loading Quick Access, and luckily this morning it’s fixed. Whew, disaster averted!

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment