Friday, December 1, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3am, again at 6am, finally getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 9am, paid the Tigo/Une bill in $efecty and was waiting for Marcos in Tostao by 9:30. At 9:35 I texted him asking if he forgot. At 9:40 I called him but got voice mail. He showed up at 9:45 and said he thought today was Wednesday.

His Arizona Cardinals and my Chicago Bears are in a similar situation with 1 significant difference. Kyler Murray has a 5-year $230 million dollar contract with $160 million guaranteed that doesn’t start until next year. It’s going to be difficult for another team to want to take on that contract so they’re probably stuck with him. (The Bears however, if they choose, can move on to another QB.)

Marcos forgot to bring the book so I went with him to his porteria and he went up to his apt and brought it to me. I went back to Tostao for a few minutes and had another of their tiny 1,900-peso café con leches. I returned to the apt, dropped off the books then went next door to Ara where I bought lettuce, tomatoes and a couple cleaning products.

I had a little discomfort in my right knee but I rubbed a little BenGay on it and the discomfort soon went away.

After lunch I had a latte in Eduardo Madrid for a couple hours. Teresa called and asked me to bring her a FRESH slice of carrot cake. I did and returned to the apt by 5:30.

Cyrus096 challenged me to a 10-minute game and, even though both of us played too fast, I won the game in the end.

I’m watching more episodes of Pablo Escobar and Teresaa has even shown some interest in it.

I started reading the book Son of Hamas, a New York Times Bestseller.

About 9pm the fireworkers and firecrackers started, a tradition to “ring in” December. It will continue most of the night but I should be able to sleep through it.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment