Friday, December 22, 2023

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:45, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa informed me she’s going to take her mother to Santafe mall so I’ll be on my own for lunch. (I’ve heard that before!)

I left the apt at 8:35 and was in a Didi on my way to Daniel’s for my haircut when he texted asking if I can come 15 minutes late at 9:15. I told him, “I’m already on my way”. I was there by 8:50 and he showed up a minute later.

After my haircut I took another Didi to Todo Drogas where it cost 196,701 pesos ($50) for my monthly medications. The girl gifted me a desk calendar for 2024 which saved me a trip to the paper store to buy one. I made a pit stop at the restroom in the mercado across the street. I stopped at a watch stand where I bought a battery for my step counter for 10mil. I stopped in Cotrafa, no line, but found they don’t take payments for Direct TV. I walked a block away to $efecty, slow line, where I was once again told the payment was double the usual 159,700 pesos. I gave her 160,000 pesos and she gave me a receipt for all of it.

Teresa called and asked me to pick up potatoes, carrots, and purple lettuce in Exito. I asked what about her going to Santafe with her mother. She said she doesn’t answer her phone so she’s probably sleeping. I found potatoes and carrots but not the lettuce and got in a long slow “express” line. After I checked out, I walked the 5-6 blocks to Parva where I had a café con leche.

I left at 11:45 and returned to the apt.

I had purchased 3 Kindle books the past 2 days and was surprised I was charged for each of them. I talked to a Kindle rep and as I suspected the free “Unlimited Kindle” books for the next 2 months are indeed Limited to a specific list of books.

I have to see one more movie (or at least buy a ticket) before we leave for our Christmas vacation. There are only 2 candidates I see for today:

Radical (8.1) – but it’s only in Spanish

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom – not my type of movie

But tomorrow at noon only, there’s André Rieu White Christmas, “An unforgettable celebration with the King of Waltz in his White Christmas concert, to enjoy the Christmas spirit to the rhythm of the most iconic songs of this season: Jingle Bells, Ave Maria, Oh Holy Night, Hallelujah and many more. Maastricht Palace is transformed into a romantic setting with all the Christmas atmosphere, light effects, 60 skaters on 2 ice rinks, 300 dancers, Venetian chandeliers and exclusive interviews by the hostess, Charlotte Hawkins. With this concert, André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra offer an unforgettable gift for the whole family during these festivities.”

Tomorrow Teresa is going to meet up with her mother and sister Vicky and who knows who else.

My brother notified me he’s coming for a visit next February 9th to the 18th. I searched for Colombian chess tournaments in February, 2024 but so far didn’t find anything except an email address.

I received emails that the presents, a Calvin & Hobbes complete set, have been delivered to my kids. Jeannie is on her way to her in-laws in Wisconsin but Jimmy was delighted to received his.

I was watching episode 34 of Pablo Escobar when Teresa must have recognized something and asked me to turn up the volume. She then joined me in finishing that episode. At 8pm I wanted to turn it off to start my pre-sleep reading period but she insisted I keep it on so she could watch more. I started reading my Kindle and put on a baseball cap to deter me from accidentally looking at the screen. Finally, when early in episode 36 she said I could turn it off.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment