Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:10, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up 10 minutes before my 6:30 alarm went off.

My small pad appears to be dry so I just moved it into a clean pair of underwear.

I started the ride ordering process at 7:30, traffic was heavy and I didn’t arrive at Parmessano in Unicentro until 10 minutes past 8. Jose soon arrived and I had another egg casserole dish for breakfast:



With a latte for 22,507 pesos ($5.65).

In the food court, we took a large table but it was near an open area and it got pretty breezy later.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I swear the only move I made too fast would have been the game winning move had I thought for a minute. We ended up playing to a 44-move draw by agreement.

I had the White pieces in the second game and both sides had attacking chances but I sacrificed a couple pawns to clear the way for my queen and bishop and I checkmated him in 47 moves.

We finished just after 4pm, a record for us at least here in Unicentro. He got a sandwich from Q’Bano and I had a Cesar salad with a mango juice from J&C Delicious. We plan to meet again next Tuesday.

In Exito I bought a small carton of eggs and waited in a short line to pay. Outside I caught the next taxi for a trip back to Envigado. Traffic was heavy and took from 5pm to 6pm to return home for 24mil. (Compared to the morning Didi rid which cost 14mil.)

No supper tonight, still stuffed from the late lunch. In the future I think I’ll try to sneak in lunch between our first and second games.

The ice maker was making weird noises to I turned it off, removed it, dumped all the cubes in the sink, chipped away at the frost, and left it in the sink for a few hours for the last of it to melt. For some reason it took several tries to get it reseated in the freezer.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment