Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Happy Boxing Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm (still raining), got up once at 12:30 (no longer raining), again at 4:45 (raining), couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6am.

I forgot to mention yesterday there was absolutely no traffic on the street, no pedestrians, no one out on their balconies. It’s as if the whole neighborhood left for the day.

My pad appeared dry so I just moved it to a clean pair of underwear.

I left the apt at 7:23 and arrived by Didi at Unicentro mall 10 minutes before opening. (In the future I should wait a little longer before ordering my ride.)

Jose joined me a couple minutes before 8am and when they opened we went upstairs to Parmessano. I had their French toast with scrambled eggs and a latte again.

Jose told me he still hasn’t seen any chess tournaments posted for next year and the last one they had was just rapid and speed chess.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I started an attack before my own king was safe and I resigned on my 35th move.

Gisela from Innovation Corp texted me I have items in my “locker” in FL and, “Do we ship everything to Colombia?” I replied, “yes”.

She asked, “Does it inform me of content and value to declare?” I replied, “I would let her know when I return to my apt”.

I bought a bottle of water so I could take half an Excedrin.

I had the White pieces in the 2nd game and the game was so close Jose offered me a draw on the 39th move. I declined and later in the endgame I had 2 opportunities to force a draw. Well, that’s how we learn!

I wasn’t really hungry so I just had a dried tomato croissant and a latte (ugh) in Santa Leña. I walked to the Conquistadores entrance and was surprised it was raining. I ordered a Didi and it was about a 15-minute wait for the car to arrive.

When I returned to the apt Teresa wasn’t there. I texted her and she was in Santafe mall with her mother.

I sent an email to the chess league asking if they have a tournament schedule for 2024.

I read somewhere that a teaspoon of pickle juice is a cure for cramps. I don’t have a cramp but I gave it a try…wow, that’ll put hair on your chest. 😊

Again, I watched an episode of Pablo Escobar and I stopped at 8pm to do some reading but Teresa watched another episode without me.

 

JOKES, EXPLAINED, UNNECESSARILY




No comments:

Post a Comment