Sunday, December 10, 2023

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

The problem with the Ice maker appears to be the chute. I cleared it by chipping away at it with a butter knife and removing the cubes and frost. I put the Ice Maker back on the freezer door and turned it back on.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took a Didi to Monterrey mall. I went straight to local 147 where I bought a cable lock for my laptop for 40mil. I just hope it works; I’ll check it tonight. I asked about a USB-C cable for our battery but the one she showed me didn’t seat completely in my cellphone so I declined. Next door at local 146 I found a cable that seated perfectly, even if it’s a meter long, for 25mil.

Across the street I caught a Sabaneta bus and got off at EAFIT, the university. Across the street I went up a level to a café I’ve been wanting to try, called Rica Mina Café, which I think translates to Rich Mine Café.

AA RICH MINE CAFÉ VIDEO

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS VIDEO ISN'T COMING THROUGH, MAYBE LATER

I ordered a latte and a glass of ice water. When he brought it, I asked for the Wi-Fi password. He informed me their internet isn’t working now but I had him put it in my cellphone anyway for the future.

Since I was the only one there, between his English and my Spanish I suggested they are much busier during the week from the EAFIT students. I learned, 1) they get busy after 3pm from students from an elementary school & high school just up the hill, 2) right now the students are all on vacation until January 15th.

Even without their internet I couldn’t get a connection from my Claro plan. I’ve had occasional blackouts for some reason.

I finished my latte, returned to EAFIT and caught an Envigado bus. I got off across from Mercado Madrid.

Walking across Ave Las Vegas I thought I heard a man say, “tienes una cara bonita” 😊 and I returned to the apt.

Teresa was about to leave to meet Esmeralda at Ayura station so she borrowed my Civica (metro) card.

Oh shit, I just realized the cable I need for the battery is a USB-A (male battery port) to a USB-C (male cellphone port).

I tried the Ice Maker and only 1 cube came out on the Cubed Ice setting and nothing happened in the Crushed Ice setting. I checked and there’s almost no ice in the ice storage compartment so I guess I have to be patient.

I left the apt at 12:30 and sat in La Buena Mesa



for a bit hoping to get hungry. In the video I was sitting in front of Barbacoa where Black Pepper was behind my left shoulder.

I saw Danny in Na Pizza



and gifted him the pizza hat from my brother. I told him I wouldn’t be mad if he wanted to gift it to his pizza chef but he told me he’s going to put it over the bar.

I ordered the Na Pizza item on their menu and was surprised it came with some type of ham on top. When I picked up the 2nd slice I noticed a piece of plastic attached to it. I showed it to Danny, he apologized and ordered me a fresh pizza. This time I asked for it with Italian sausage. I ate half of that with a couple Cokes and Danny nicely picked up the check.

I left at 3pm, confirmed the old Tienda D1 is still open, Love In Waffles across the street is gutted, and returned to the apt.

The Ice Maker is back in business again. To be proactive, I should probably clean the ice chute every six months.

I paused watching Pablo Escobar for a new Netflix Movie Leave the World Behind (6.7). That wasn’t worth it, talk about a non-ending.

Teresa called at 6:15 and asked me to meet her in the porteria so we can go for patacones. I changed clothes and got there a minute before she arrived in a taxi. The driver told Teresa he knows Envigado but he took us a few blocks out of our way because he didn’t listen to my directions.

We had our patacones, bought pastries for the portero and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa got all her paint supplies in El Hueco today with Esmeralda. She informed me she’s going to mass in San Pelegrino again tomorrow, perhaps with Esmeralda.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment