Sunday, December 3, 2023

Saturday, December 2, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up again at 5:30, did my Kegel exercises, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 6am.

My pad looked spotless so after my shower I simply moved it to a clean pair of underwear.

At 8am I was up and ready to start my day but my eyes felt tired so I laid down for an hour to rest them.

I left at 9am and walking through the Texaco station I see they now have a carwash where the taxi drivers used to play cards.




At the corner the mall is on there was some work going on and I saw stacks of preformed concrete bricks they use for curb construction.



At the mall I recycled a couple plastic bottles then went upstairs to the 2nd floor where I made an ATM withdrawal. There was no line and I was able to pay the rent quickly. At the consignacion machine there was no line and I quickly paid for my health insurance. I stopped at Starbucks and bought a blueberry muffin and took it to Urbania where I ate it with one of their lattes.

I communicated with Gisela at Innovation Corp and she’s going to release my package with a couple other items.

At one point I had to make an emergency trip to the restroom and I did something I haven’t done before. I left all my stuff there (except my cellphone) without saying anything to anyone. When I returned all was in order.

At 12:30 Teresa called me and informed me she won’t be having lunch at La Bahia.

 

I soon left and stopped in Exito where I picked up a 6-pack of Coke. In line to pay a young man behind me started talking to me in English. He said he’s Colombian, living in Canada, but he’s trying to return. I returned to the apt by taxi.

I left again at 4pm for Eduardo Madrid, walking through the public parking lot. For years I’ve avoided this short cut to avoid being yelled at but hey, I’m in Colombia, they don’t give a d..n.

I found a 3-pack of sesame seed bagels and had a latte before returning to the apt just before dark – 6pm.

I think it was about 7pm when the loud music started. I couldn’t tell exactly where it was from but Teresa went into the corridor and reported back that it was a single unit on the other side of our complex. I just hoped it would stop before we went to bed. I went to bed at 10pm and the music was still going strong. Teresa couldn’t take it so she went to sleep in the guest bedroom.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment