Saturday, December 23, 2023

Friday, December 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Teresa asked me if I wanted to meet her for lunch in Mayorca and I reminded her of my movie this afternoon.

I completed my workout in Smartfit between 8am and 9am. While undressing for my shower I asked the guy next to me, an old man with white hair, how old he is and he’s 85. I’ve got him beat.

By 9:30 I was sitting in Los Porteños having a latte. I texted Bryan reminding him of our noon pickup tomorrow.

This is a painting my half-sister recently completed



I left at 10:45 and bought a bag of milk on my way back to the apt.

I left at 11:15 and walked to the mall (no noticeable leaking). Looks like they’re almost finished with the construction on the corner.



 I bought a general seating ticket to André Rieu White Christmas for 26mil, finally qualifying for their 2024 platinum card



At first there were only 3 of us in the theater but about 20 minutes in 6 others arrived, then 3 more, then 2 more. I’ll let you do the math.

I thought the concert was going to be in England but it was in the Winter Palace in Maastrecht, Netherlands. (I’m Dutch on my father’s side.) The conductor, André Rieu, welcomed everyone in English, German, French and Spanish. All of his dialogue was first in German and then in English with Spanish subtitles. He stated that the symphony and the singers come from 15 different countries, including the US and Tasmania.

There were a number of surprises I won’t mention except one, at the 1-hour mark they had a 15-minute intermission. I jumped up to make a trip to the restroom but I think everyone else was too stunned to move right away.

I discovered that when I Googled for song lyrics this popped up



which made it much easier to find songs. (I’m slowly joining the 21st century. 😊 )

The show is going to be repeated Saturday and Sunday. I loved the show and next year I intend to bring Teresa.

Troyclough blundered on his 28th move in the endgame and resigned increasing my rating to 1593.

When I left I went upstairs and had the small roast beef combo with a Coke upstairs in Only Roast Beef.

I stopped at La Sasteria and this time they had fixed my mother’s bank envelope for 14mil. 😊

I had a latte in Urbania for an hour or so. When I left about 5pm there was a long line for taxis which took about 20 minutes to get through.

The taxi driver spoke a little English and we had quite the conversation about the Sears Tower. 😊

I was back at the apt by 5:30 and Teresa returned about 2 minutes later. She wants to go for patacones tonight. I agreed but want to wait until 7pm because I just finished lunch about 3pm.

We left about 7pm but the patacones place was closed so we had pizza across the street at Gloria’s. Teresa had quite the conversation with Gloria telling her about our trip to Greece. We didn’t leave until 8:45, the bakery was closed, but we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I found these 2023 statistics on Chess.com.












 

JOKES, EXPLAINED, UNNECESSARILY



No comments:

Post a Comment