Friday, December 8, 2023

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:30, waking/getting up at 6:20.

Again this morning my pad seemed dry so I just switched it to a clean pair of underwear.

I left the apt at 8:30 for Parva. I had a café con leche while I figured out a mistake I’ve been making in the opening when I play White against Troyclough. Marcos arrived at 9:10 and I had another café con leche while we discussed politics, TV series, books and football. Teresa arrived at 9:30 and talked to Marcos about travel. Marcos left and Teresa and I shared a latte. Teresa left and I reviewed another test in my chess book.

I left at 11:30 and walking past Ara one of the parking guys, the young one, stepped right in front of me and I stepped on his heel. (I’ve noticed Colombians doing that a lot in my 10 years here.) He said in English, “careful man”, and I muttered, “you stepped right in front of me” and just kept walking.

Teresa notified me that my dermatologist has changed my appointment again to Tuesday, January 9th at 11am and 11:30, the first of which will be for Teresa.

Marcos invited us to have lunch with them next Wednesday at 2pm. I agreed if we can bring dessert.

About 2pm we had a downpour although it didn’t last long. Still, more showers are possible until 7pm.

Last night I paused watching Pablo Escobar: Patrón del Mal (8.4) for the 6-episode TV series World War II: From the Frontlines (8.3), both on Netflix, which I finished tonight.

Today is Dia de las Velitas. Across the street about a dozen people with children lit candles in the parking garage in the evening.

I went to bed with the sound of firecrackers outside but still fell asleep quickly.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment