Friday, December 15, 2023

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up once at 1:15, again at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall (still leaking). It looks like they are nearing completion of the construction on the corner.



I recycled a few bottles in the lower level.

I tried to make a withdrawal at the Davivienda ATM but it was out of order. I even tried the Banco de Bogota ATM but it wasn’t allowing withdrawals. I had to go up to the 2nd floor of the main mall where I had no problem withdrawing 2 million pesos.

Back downstairs in Exito I quickly paid the epm utility bill (no line).

I dropped off the old bank envelope that used to be my mother’s for repair in La Sasteria. It will be ready by next Wednesday and the charge is 14mil.

Back in the mall I stopped in Home Center where I checked out the Illuminacion (lighting) aisle. On my way down the aisle I noticed a HC worker helping another customer. I looked at Accuweather on my phone and when I looked up the customer was heading my way with no worker in sight. I looked up and down nearby aisles but no luck. I found someone in a back aisle of the store where I asked for help in the lighting aisle and she called someone. I led the girl around the corner to similar light fixtures and showed her the photo of the lighting in our ceiling. She called another guy and he was showing me a complete kit with lightbulb. Using my translator I asked how do I remove it? After he showed me I understand it’s similar to those I’m accustomed to in the States. I just need a flathead screwdriver (a butter knife will probably do) to pull the fixture away from the ceiling and unhook it. We’ll see. I went to the fan area and a girl showed me this tower fan

for 409,900 pesos ($103). It’s probably the most expensive fan in the store. 😊 I told her I have to return with my Colombian wife to check it out.

I was a little surprised Claro wasn’t open yet. Downstairs I had a latte in Urbania while going through my Dutch defense book.

Teresa called at 11am and asked me to pick up lechuga morado (purple lettuce), tomatoes, and broccoli. I also picked up apples, a few ripe bananas and 2 packages of microwave popcorn.

I noticed this display in Exito



Now I understand Teresa wasn’t saying “Nutella” she was saying “Natilla”.

I stopped at a booth upstairs and showed him my battery and my cellphone and he handed me a cable which looks exactly like the cable I already have. I told the guy I need to think about it.

I quickly found a taxi outside Exito and returned to the apt.

I’m planning on seeing Silent Night (5.8) at 3:50 pm. One reason for that title is I understand there is almost no dialogue, just action. It stars Joel Kinnaman from The Killing.

I told Teresa about the fan and of course she thought the price was outrageous. She suggests we check out Pricesmart, not a bad idea.

I see now the cable I bought last week IS the correct cable for this battery. I connected the battery to my cellphone using the new cable and it’s charging quickly. 😊

Tonight Teresa is going to meet up with Esmeralda somewhere.

I left the apt at 2:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I bought a preferred seat to the 3:50 showing of Silent Night (5.8) for 17,700 pesos. I took a seat but struggled to get an internet connection. I made my last trip to the restroom then got in a line with only 1 person in front of me but he must have taken 10 minutes for him to complete his order. I bought a Cine Combito for 18,800 pesos and took my seat in the theater. The Coke tasted like diet instead of original flavor and the popcorn tasted plain without any salt on it.

The movie was interesting as there was no dialogue (but lots of action), at most 6 words were spoken in the entire movie.

I returned to the apt by taxi and Teresa was still out. She returned by 8:30 and told me how great Antonio’s Gelato is. She’ll go with Esmeralda but not with me because “it’s too sweet or too fattening”.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment